+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's not to still feel confident about?

What's not to still feel confident about?

Looking at the current form page here's a few snippets:

1. We climbed a place in the league even though we lost yesterday. The goal advantage is working well.

2. Home games - The last four games shows we are placed 4th for form with 9/12 points and 13 goals for and 5 against.

3. We have the top joint scorer on 6 goals with no less than 4 other players having also scored. We didn't have this so early in the season last year.

4. Current form from the last five games shows we are 7th.

5. Currently stand in 8th place which is above most fans expectations.

Losing yesterday wasn't a total disaster and maybe a point would have been fair but we move on. The loss of
    Proctor is hitting us hard but we are working well as a unit and not just a one man show.

Before the start of the season I would have taken 8th by now. Plenty to build on with plenty of time ahead of us.
    Tighten it up better at the back and it will mode bode us very well as the season continues.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-09-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Looking at the current form page here's a few snippets:

1. We climbed a place in the league even though we lost yesterday. The goal advantage is working well.

2. Home games - The last four games shows we are placed 4th for form with 9/12 points and 13 goals for and 5 against.

3. We have the top joint scorer on 6 goals with no less than 4 other players having also scored. We didn't have this so early in the season.

4. Current form from the last five games shows we are 7th.

5. Currently stand in 8th place which is above most fans expectations.

Losing yesterday wasn't a total disaster and maybe a point would have been fair but we move on. The loss of
    Proctor is hitting us hard but we are working well as a unit and not just a one man show.

Before the start of the season I would have taken 8th by now. Plenty to build on with plenty of time ahead of us.
    Tighten it up better at the back and it mode bode us very well as the season continues.
    Agree with all of that Brin...you havent mentioned Frecks either which is a great sign..

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Agree with all of that Brin...you havent mentioned Frecks either which is a great sign..
    There's still time if he doesn't keep the pressure on....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    There's still time if he doesn't keep the pressure on....

I think Warney has got a good thing going on limited resources and I'm still quite confident.
    However, one thing we desperately need is a good defensive coach and I wish Mr Stewart would spend some of our supposed top 5 budget to get one.
    Maybe then we would stop conceding all these soft goals from set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think Warney has got a good thing going on limited resources and I'm still quite confident.
    However, one thing we desperately need is a good defensive coach and I wish Mr Stewart would spend some of our supposed top 5 budget to get one.
    Maybe then we would stop conceding all these soft goals from set pieces.
    Frustrating isn't it, once, just once they lost concentration, rest of the game we looked ok

It's going very well so far the only issue highlighted above is the defence.

This restricts us to playing 1 up front which is our best formation, had we adopted this against Charlton I don't think we would have lost the game.

Credit to Warne so far....he must make the defence a priority. As for Vaulks who knows, remember a centre forward called Rob Scott? He made a great championship RB

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It's going very well so far the only issue highlighted above is the defence.

This restricts us to playing 1 up front which is our best formation, had we adopted this against Charlton I don't think we would have lost the game.

Credit to Warne so far....he must make the defence a priority. As for Vaulks who knows, remember a centre forward called Rob Scott? He made a great championship RB
    "It's going very well"!!!!!!! 10 points behind Shrewsbury and more defeats already than any team in the top half of the weakest L1 in living memory. Do get your brain into some sort of order gm. We're rubbish and getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    "It's going very well"!!!!!!! 10 points behind Shrewsbury and more defeats already than any team in the top half of the weakest L1 in living memory. Do get your brain into some sort of order gm. We're rubbish and getting worse.
    Monty, I predicted a finishing position of 12th, I now wish to change this to 6th.

Having predicted our league position correctly for the last 3 years I'm quite confident. Where do you think we will finish Monty? And have you reviewed this based on our recent upturn?

What's not to feel confident about ?

The inability to beat teams that will be around the top 6.
    Constantly changing the backline due to injuries / loss of form / favouritism.
    I'm going for finishing around 8th & a much better season than last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast