+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's not to still feel confident about?

Our defence will be the undoing of us this season.

He doesn't know his best 4.

AJayi should be in the team wood will always get caught out he's too slow.
    Vaulks is not a right back he's done ok as a stand in but that's it.
    10th position will be about where we are at.

I guessed 13th and nothing I have seen has changed my mind.

The defence was sub standard against the Bantams and we are a one dimensional team - When we went 1-0 down we should have gone to a 2 upfront imo. Teams will learn very quickly how to deal with Kieffer Moore and stop the players who supply him from doing so. Ask any Leeds fan why they lost it in the last third of the season and they will tell you that they too were one dimensional depending on a lone striker in Wood and a style of play to suit him. He was isolated by the opposition and Monk failed to recognise that teams had them sussed. Reckon the same will happen with Moore. He heads the top goal scorers list so any manager worth their salt will find a way of quieting him down which is why we need to change it around.

Not saying we need to go 2 up front every game, far from it but we do need to adapt to circumstances. If we don't then our defence will be tested even more.

Wood is ok but only OK at this level and may be a help to Ihiekwe who will make the grade eventually but it is still a steep learning curve for him. Vaulks is ok at RB but we need Emmanuel back there and let Vaulks fight for a midfield place. His heart is in the right place.

Only my opinion and for what it's worth we deserved a point on Saturday but since when did that put points on the table.

Really annoyed after Saturday.

I thought Warne missed a chance to go for it.
    We're too predictable against the better teams it's all good hammering the lesser teams but we need a plan B
    Not enough choices up front and constant changing of the defence leads me to one conclusion.

Warne doesn't know his best team and when things aren't working what to do about it.

It's all good saying we played well and deserved a draw well we didn't bloody get one did we?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Really annoyed after Saturday.

I thought Warne missed a chance to go for it.
    We're too predictable against the better teams it's all good hammering the lesser teams but we need a plan B
    Not enough choices up front and constant changing of the defence leads me to one conclusion.

Warne doesn't know his best team and when things aren't working what to do about it.

It's all good saying we played well and deserved a draw well we didn't bloody get one did we?
    I think you're being a bit harsh to be honest, on another day we'd have scored 2 or 3, Bradford defended that 2nd half like their lives depended on it and credit to them for that, we're not far off a decent team, though i do take your point about a plan B.

Maybe I am mmm I've defended Warne and I've said I think he's doing a decent job.
    Just can't understand why he signed more defenders when it was obvious we needed a striker?
    Bradford fans we were talking to after game thought we were one dimensional so did the Peterborough fans and so do a lot of us so maybe Warne needs to work on other systems and formations.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Maybe I am mmm I've defended Warne and I've said I think he's doing a decent job.
    Just can't understand why he signed more defenders when it was obvious we needed a striker?
    Bradford fans we were talking to after game thought we were one dimensional so did the Peterborough fans and so do a lot of us so maybe Warne needs to work on other systems and formations.

Just my opinion.
    Yeh i know, but over the last few games it aint the goals scored column that is the worry, here's my take, of course tighten that defence a bit, but when it's not working with Moore up top on his own, then it's time to change with Ball working as a ten and playing the through balls we all know he's got in his locker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12