+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.A.O : ancientpie

F.A.O : ancientpie

Best of luck tomoz, mucker. Not that you'll need it!! That transgend............ sorry, back surgery is a piece of pish matey.

Cheers matey & thanks for not telling everyone about the true nature of my surgery , Been a slight change of plan Ops now on Thursday.

If it is back surgery ancient the best of luck. I had it a number of years ago and it helped me no end.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If it is back surgery ancient the best of luck. I had it a number of years ago and it helped me no end.
    Cheers mate, I slipped 2 discs over 2 years ago & have gone through physio, spinal injections etc but nowts helped hence the op, apparently they are shaving away some of the bone to release the pressure on the nerves. Everyone I have spoken to that have had or know someone who has say it either works a treat or not at all, they also seem to be taking great delight in telling me what a painful operation it is (I've got some great mates) , I'm more pissed off at missing what should be a very exciting phase of the season but after waiting so long I don't think they would be very pleased if I asked them to wait until after the Stags game.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Cheers mate, I slipped 2 discs over 2 years ago & have gone through physio, spinal injections etc but nowts helped hence the op, apparently they are shaving away some of the bone to release the pressure on the nerves. Everyone I have spoken to that have had or know someone who has say it either works a treat or not at all, they also seem to be taking great delight in telling me what a painful operation it is (I've got some great mates) , I'm more pissed off at missing what should be a very exciting phase of the season but after waiting so long I don't think they would be very pleased if I asked them to wait until after the Stags game.
    Sounds painful Ancient so i wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will be down the lane again soon

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Sounds painful Ancient so i wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will be down the lane again soon

Howsabout me??? I've got no bogger to go to Mansfield with !!!!

Good luck, mate. Had similar when a bug got into my spine after my big op 7 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Howsabout me??? I've got no bogger to go to Mansfield with !!!!
    You're never alone when you a Pie, Malc & Iris are normally in their little hut? opposite the club shop before & after home games, why not pop across Saturday & see if there is a place left on the coach?

You're never alone when you a Pie, Malc & Iris are normally in their little hut? opposite the club shop before & after home games, why not pop across Saturday & see if there is a place left on the coach?

Never bothered getting a ticket, Kev !!! By the sounds of it, I'll be lucky to get one. Think I'll give it a miss, this time.

Can't lie mate it was painful especially the day after the op, I had mine in 1987 at Harlow wood on the next to bottom disc after 4 years of pain but as they say no pain no gain, but medicine as moved on since then. It was successful for me and lasted until 3 years ago when I had the same problem return. After going round in circles for months finally I was given an epidural injection which worked, I now have one roughly every 6 months at the City hospital. My doctor at the city is brilliant and even phones me at home sometimes, I take regular pain killers to go with the injection but I have a allotment which I work without any problem. You just have to be sensible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast