+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player availability and line up for the derby

Player availability and line up for the derby

The potential lack of strikers for Sunday is more than a little worrying. We can’t expect 90 minutes from Evans, especially in a derby at their place.

Will Sharp be fit? What’s happened to Leon? Assume Donaldson will be back?

Also the potential absence of Freeman and Wilder on the touchline on top of the striker shortage is not ideal. Although Bladock is a good player I'd prefer a settled 11 for this game.

Any news?

Freeman will be out bruised ribs hopefully not cracked or broken , will be out for a few weeks I reckon if its true , I think it will be Donaldson and Clarke up front .

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Freeman will be out bruised ribs hopefully not cracked or broken , will be out for a few weeks I reckon if its true , I think it will be Donaldson and Clarke up front .
    where's the news on Freeman come from Wavy>

Blackman

Basham Wright O'Connell

Baldock Coutts Fleck Stevens

Duffy

Donaldson Clarke

That's what I expect at this stage. Would take that too. Just hope Donaldson's fit.

About right for me Herbert
    I just wish we would try something different when we have corners
    How about one to the near post for a change
    We have plenty of corners with no result
    Also Saturday we were weak up front for me I would have put on Baldock at right back move Freeman up and bring the big centre half on who scored last week and played him up front for the last 30 mins
    UTB

Maybe we're writing Billy off too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Classic trick imo. Everyone is injured...until the teamsheet goes in to the ref next Sunday...then BLAMMO! Right in the kisser..!

It would mean we kind of sacrificed Norwich for 3pts vs the oinkers. I can live with that. Come on, how many times did Warnock do this..?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Did Billy turn up at Dony today for his bit of co commentatin on Radio Sheff? If he did i wonder if they asked him abart bein fit for next week.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Classic trick imo. Everyone is injured...until the teamsheet goes in to the ref next Sunday...then BLAMMO! Right in the kisser..!

It would mean we kind of sacrificed Norwich for 3pts vs the oinkers. I can live with that. Come on, how many times did Warnock do this..?
    Sorry, but imo everyone is injured or we would've had our main strikers on the pitch yesterday

Wilder doesn't mess about. There are no more points on offer next week as there were yesterday.

You could take the analogy that next week is special, but arguably going top of the league yesterday would also be pretty special for a "pub league" team just promoted

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Got a feeling you are right. I know Wilder played down any suggestion of protecting players when 3 points are available but he knows how much this match means to us all and Billy won't want to risk missing it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast