+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

No further forward now than 5 years ago

I have to say that The Rams are no nearer the premier league now than they were 5 years ago despite millions of pounds being spent and ump**** managers. I thought that Rowett might be a good manager selection but I can't now see any creative ability in the squad after selling, Hughes and Ince and sending Bryson out on loan and with that added to the well know defensive frailty I worry for the future. I can't see any ray of light at all.
    Too many overpaid players who don't seem to give a toss.

Of all the managerial changes and all the signings that have come in at Derby and still we have not made progress on the pitch in terms of consistent results and still performing well below expectations within this squad since Mel has become owner. Mel has to take the blame for all this because one he has made poor recruitment decisions that have failed to see Derby improve drastically since his tenure at Derby and he also has to take the blame for recruiting Sam Rush who has played a pivotal role, for some of the abysmal signings that have been brought to Derby over the past couple of seasons.

Mel needs to get someone in to the club who can do all the recruitment decisions like Stuart Webber who made a fantastic job in bringing in Wagner for Huddersfield and got them promoted in his 1st season in charge and turn them from a mere relegation tipped side, into a promotion playing team and it was all down to good recruitment.

This club has made poor decisions and needs to be held accountable for and it's time that it wakes up and change for the better because we are not going anywhere fast unless we get the consistency right and sort out recruitment policy for the better.

Since our relegation in 2007-08 southampton have dropped into league 1, and back to the prem and established themselves,, blackpool have been a prem club, made another playoff final, dropped into league 1, then league 2, now back in the playoff zone in league 1,, wolves have been in the prem, suffered back to back relegations to league 1, been promoted back to the championship and now sat in a very good position to head back to the prem,,, burnley have gone up, come back down, gone back up, gone back down, and are now into their 2nd season in the prem,, bournemouth have gone from near none league, to an established premiership club,, newcastle have been in europe, been relegated and are now sitting 5th in the prem,, birmingham have been promoted, come back down and gone back up, won the league cup and been relegated again...

Meanwhile weve been for the most part a stagnant mid table championship club....

I bet anyone right now,, blackpool will be heading back there before us,, and coventry will be back in the championship b4 we even know it aswell..

Theres no such thing as a 5 year plan in football,, you go for it every year thats competition ffs.. what a sad joke we are.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Since our relegation in 2007-08 southampton have dropped into league 1, and back to the prem and established themselves,, blackpool have been a prem club, made another playoff final, dropped into league 1, then league 2, now back in the playoff zone in league 1,, wolves have been in the prem, suffered back to back relegations to league 1, been promoted back to the championship and now sat in a very good position to head back to the prem,,, burnley have gone up, come back down, gone back up, gone back down, and are now into their 2nd season in the prem,, bournemouth have gone from near none league, to an established premiership club,, newcastle have been in europe, been relegated and are now sitting 5th in the prem,, birmingham have been promoted, come back down and gone back up, won the league cup and been relegated again...

Meanwhile weve been for the most part a stagnant mid table championship club....

I bet anyone right now,, blackpool will be heading back there before us,, and coventry will be back in the championship b4 we even know it aswell..

Theres no such thing as a 5 year plan in football,, you go for it every year thats competition ffs.. what a sad joke we are.
    You might do well to remember it's mid September. Yesterday was very disappointing - shocking even - but you were singing the praises of Rowett and DCFC just nine days ago.
    Far too early to start making meaningful predictions...about us, Blackpool, Coventry, Wolves, Crystal Palace or whoever.
    I don't know who's talking about a five year plan and I'm sure having five (?) managers in the last two years hasn't been 'planned' for anyway.
    Doubt it was Rowett or Morris' fault that we screwed up the deadline day signing but that, along with letting Bryson go in such circumstances, will have scuppered any immediate plans. If we can stay 'in and around' until the next 'window' there will still be time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You might do well to remember it's mid September. Yesterday was very disappointing - shocking even - but you were singing the praises of Rowett and DCFC just nine days ago.
    Far too early to start making meaningful predictions...about us, Blackpool, Coventry, Wolves, Crystal Palace or whoever.
    I don't know who's talking about a five year plan and I'm sure having five (?) managers in the last two years hasn't been 'planned' for anyway.
    Doubt it was Rowett or Morris' fault that we screwed up the deadline day signing but that, along with letting Bryson go in such circumstances, will have scuppered any immediate plans. If we can stay 'in and around' until the next 'window' there will still be time.
    Keeping Bryson wouldn't of changed anything the squad was performing below expectations whilst he was at Derby and he was in out of the squad anyway due to inconsistency that has fallen upon the majority of this team.

We have far too many players in the squad that are inconsistent in their performances and have been at Derby for far too long and it will be a couple of transfer windows of rebuilding before we see any real progress starting to develop in this squad of inconsistent players.

Huddlestone & Johnson were outpaced in midfield got found out too easily yesterday they couldn't handle the pressure of Bristol City's attackers and in the end the midfield got found out and we paid the price for it.

Until the midfield is sorted and we have real pace and drive in the team we will struggle to defend and press against other opposing attacking sides like Bristol City and Sheff Utd etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Keeping Bryson wouldn't of changed anything the squad was performing below expectations whilst he was at Derby and he was in out of the squad anyway due to inconsistency that has fallen upon the majority of this team.

We have far too many players in the squad that are inconsistent in their performances and have been at Derby for far too long and it will be a couple of transfer windows of rebuilding before we see any real progress starting to develop in this squad of inconsistent players.

Huddlestone & Johnson were outpaced in midfield got found out too easily yesterday they couldn't handle the pressure of Bristol City's attackers and in the end the midfield got found out and we paid the price for it.

Until the midfield is sorted and we have real pace and drive in the team we will struggle to defend and press against other opposing attacking sides like Bristol City and Sheff Utd etc.
    Normally I'd agree about Bryson and I was quite happy to see him (and Butterfield) move elsewhere because I, like Rowett and everyone else, thought we'd found the ideal replacement.
    Unfortunately it wasn't to be and although I agree entirely with your last sentence, losing Bryson and not signing Kieftenbeld has proved a 'double edged sword' which has left our midfield more 'soft centred' and bereft of pace, aggression and directness than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Normally I'd agree about Bryson and I was quite happy to see him (and Butterfield) move elsewhere because I, like Rowett and everyone else, thought we'd found the ideal replacement.
    Unfortunately it wasn't to be and although I agree entirely with your last sentence, losing Bryson and not signing Kieftenbeld has proved a 'double edged sword' which has left our midfield more 'soft centred' and bereft of pace, aggression and directness than ever.
    Our midfield has been 'soft centred' for a long time even with Bryson & Butterfield in the team.

We had the chance to strengthen the midfield all summer but it didn't pull off and now we have to wait till January or bring in Free Agents to solve this ongoing problem.

Quite simply the club has been badly managed for years...starting with Mel who has to take full responsibility for all that has happened. Sadly that is a fact.

Win our game in hand and we'll be just 4 points behind the leaders and we've got 8 months to go. Get a grip! !

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Win our game in hand and we'll be just 4 points behind the leaders and we've got 8 months to go. Get a grip! !
    Well said. Mind you, if we win our next three games I'm going to find that 'Is This Our Best side since 1976' thread and bring it back to the front!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)