+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

[QUOTE=Rams4Justice;38657552]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post

Talking about yourself again how nice....
    If that was the case I'd say Mel was to blame but he ain't!

[QUOTE=Manofpride;38657623]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post

If that was the case I'd say Mel was to blame but he ain't!
    You can keep repeating the same thing over and over but on the contrary he has to take responsibility for pass failings.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    All im saying is we have been for the most part a stale mid table champ side for 10 years.

Clubs like bournemouth, burnley, palace etc have had zero problem in getting up, and we supposedly have a bigger fan base, bigger stadium, better revenue stream, better training facilities, better youth system etc,, yet continue to be outdone by none footballing towns like f****** huddersfield and bournemouth ffs.

Hire a manager, give him full control (because its obvious rowett isnt the man pulling the strings here), let him rebuild the bloody team and let him train and coach them in peace ffs.

If wagner can get that rusty pile of crap huddersfield up, and eddie howe can get the garden shed of bournemouth up,, why cant we get up with all our "resources"?

West ham and newcastle have been down TWICE in the past 12 years and have no problems easily getting back up, newcastle esp.

We certainly seem to be no further forward, yet at this stage of the season it is too early to be panicing or predicting doom, we ought to be comfortably challenging for a top 6 place, after that its generally down to number of factors. I'm resigned to the fact that we will bumble along. I can't say that i'm impressed with the business we have done in the transfer window, any club serious about promotion would have kept hold of Ince and for me the jury is out on Rowett, but give him a season at least and then we can judge the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    We certainly seem to be no further forward, yet at this stage of the season it is too early to be panicing or predicting doom, we ought to be comfortably challenging for a top 6 place, after that its generally down to number of factors. I'm resigned to the fact that we will bumble along. I can't say that i'm impressed with the business we have done in the transfer window, any club serious about promotion would have kept hold of Ince and for me the jury is out on Rowett, but give him a season at least and then we can judge the guy.
    Did we get players out as much of what we could of over the summer wether it was out on loan or permanent? No!

Could we have done better in our decision makings? Absolutely!

This season is all about strategy and finding out what works and what doesn't work and continuing to rebuild.

I said during the Hoffenheim game it was going to be a long season and it has turned out be so and we just got to hack through it despite all our concerns.

[QUOTE=Rams4Justice;38657629]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post

You can keep repeating the same thing over and over but on the contrary he has to take responsibility for pass failings.
    No he doesn't

[QUOTE=Manofpride;38658124]

No he doesn't
    Yes he does otherwise you repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Brian Clough was the best at getting players who weren't performing consistently enough he would have them sit in the changing room whilst the game is playing and have them come back out and into the game until they thought about how they were going to change their play up and the rest was history.
    Wtf you talking. Makes no sense.
    Clough didn't belittle his players.
    When you don't know something, just shut the **** up instead of blabbering like a fool.

When your mate isn't around to type your replies best to wait. Only highlights the clear probability that there's 2 different users using your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Wtf you talking. Makes no sense.
    Clough didn't belittle his players.
    When you don't know something, just shut the **** up instead of blabbering like a fool.

When your mate isn't around to type your replies best to wait. Only highlights the clear probability that there's 2 different users using your account.
    Brian Clough did belittle his players if you seen Damned Utd that was portrayed around him and by that remark I suppose you haven’t.

He had an axe to grind with Leeds. But at Derby and Forest he gave his players wings.
    He certainly didn't make them sit when the game was playing.
    He used reverse psychology yes.
    Even at Leeds he didn't belittle them when the match was on.
    Using the Damned United as a reference is just absurd given the amount bull**** that was added.
    He had strong words during training yes but Clough didn't go out to discourage his players during a match.
    He made them feel they could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    He had an axe to grind with Leeds. But at Derby and Forest he gave his players wings.
    He certainly didn't make them sit when the game was playing.
    He used reverse psychology yes.
    Even at Leeds he didn't belittle them when the match was on.
    Using the Damned United as a reference is just absurd given the amount bull**** that was added.
    He had strong words during training yes but Clough didn't go out to discourage his players during a match.
    He made them feel they could do better.
    He did make them sit in the changing rooms he was a good motivator he knew how to get in players heads and make them a better player if they weren’t giving their all, he wasn’t afraid to speak his mind and you sure as hell wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of Clough because belief me you would know about it and lose big time.

He was very charismatic one of a kind no one will ever be like him ever again a true great and the greatest manager to have ever lived.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)