+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    In that case I am really glad for you that you can prove it all. Again, I wish you well.
    I have all the documentation to prove they have ****ed up and they won’t get away from it and people may have let them get away with destroying people’s holidays before put they certainly won’t destroy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag Give up on it mate you deserve much better Its really hit the gutter most of them can't string two words together How can a football forum degenerate into knowing about some idiots holiday Puerto Rico Rats has got what he deserves
    It's really tempting mista. Can't help thinking that if you and some others - you know who I mean without making lists - returned and those who delight in the bizarre and juvenile aliases desisted we might have a decent forum back. As I commented to Mr Ramjet yesterday by pm, it now seems at its lowest ebb ever, but better (any!) moderation and a return of the grown ups might still help before it is too late.

Point of order fellow posters. Having read the last page or two of this thread I see two subjects being hammered.

1. Somebody isn't having the holiday he expected. If I have read it correctly, he has been moved to a different hotel/complex and received a grand in compensation yet still wants to financially ruin Thomas Cook. If Thomas Cook have read his comments on their customer service agents, it might just be him who gets sued into insolvency if he can't 100% back up his post with undisputable and vrifiable facts. I wish him well.

2. A spat between two posters based around the use of the word "nob". One misuses it and gets upset when his misuse is pointed out. The correct spelling for the meaning he intended is "knob" as in "knobend"

I would like to point out that all of those posts are way, way off topic, as is this one of mine. Is keeping on topic too much to ask?
    Hardly a spat, more a bit of joshing which actually ended amicably after a couple of posts. I would just point out that Nob is the correct spelling for someone said to be of higher social standing or indeed if your accusing someone of being a fool. Knob is the correct spelling for doorknob, though either are acceptable.

I'll get my coat!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know you're right KCG but honestly, what is the point of being on a forum which just comes up with a 'poster on ignore' message all the time?
    It is, I have to admit, very tedious, but it is, believe it or not, still preferable to reading the juvenile rubbish spouted.

Like you, I also use another DCFC fan's site and could soon be leaving this one for good, if the quality continues to be poor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    It is, I have to admit, very tedious, but it is, believe it or not, still preferable to reading the juvenile rubbish spouted.

Like you, I also use another DCFC fan's site and could soon be leaving this one for good, if the quality continues to be poor.
    I think I shall join you as there is no meaningful debate on here at all.

I don't actually. My contact with RR was via the personal message facility on this site. I would hate to see you go...be left with about half a dozen regular decent posters then but as no one seems to give a damn...that appears to be the way it's going.

Nob for the better off is a term I have known for a long time. I took the poster to have meant "knob" as in "knob end" or "knobend" aka "dickhead". Hopefully we are now on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don't actually. My contact with RR was via the personal message facility on this site. I would hate to see you go...be left with about half a dozen regular decent posters then but as no one seems to give a damn...that appears to be the way it's going.
    Sorry, I'd assumed the Anagram account on the other website was you. Damn plagiarists!

Sorry, I'd assumed the Anagram account on the other website was you. Damn plagiarists!
    Not me...don't even know which site you're talking about. He's an imposter!

I do comment sometimes on the DT site but that's all and it's under a different name.

Nob for the better off is a term I have known for a long time. I took the poster to have meant "knob" as in "knob end" or "knobend" aka "dickhead". Hopefully we are now on the same page
    We are at least of sound mind which is more than can be said for some!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)