+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    You can't blame Mel Morris for poor recruitment, only 3 clubs in each league not counting the Prem get promotion, players not great players but players that gel together result in good perfomances and sometimes get you across the line, look at Burnley, also QPR had the bit of luck to get them into the Prem against us.

The recruitment of Blackman, Thorne, Shotton, Forsyth and Butterfield looked great on paper but three turned out to be pudding while the other two have been unlucky with injuries, especially Thorne.

How can the recruitment of those players be wrong or right.

Mel not to blame.
    I'll go a bit further and say Mel deserves a bit of credit for even sitting in the chair, given all the slagging off he gets.

You can't blame Mel Morris for poor recruitment, only 3 clubs in each league not counting the Prem get promotion, players not great players but players that gel together result in good perfomances and sometimes get you across the line, look at Burnley, also QPR had the bit of luck to get them into the Prem against us.

The recruitment of Blackman, Thorne, Shotton, Forsyth and Butterfield looked great on paper but three turned out to be pudding while the other two have been unlucky with injuries, especially Thorne.

How can the recruitment of those players be wrong or right.

Mel not to blame.
    Burnley got promoted by using little budget that they got and brought in key players with good recruitment at the helm of the club with a tight budget and also had a top manager who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and knows what needs to be done to get out of this Championship division.

Mel is to blame for the failure of Paul Clement, failure of two Steve McClaren reigns and Nigel Pearson and not managing to achieve success under his current tenure. Up to now Mel's tenure has been awful in his recruitment policy in bringing in managers to try to get these inconsistent players of ours working to try and get promotion and they all failed to fix the ongoing problem.

Butterfield ended up being a good appointment to start with then lost the plot as he got on and ending up being a terrible signing in the end.

Blackman don't get me started on him despite his injury problems he never looked like a top signing soon as he took his first kick.

Shotton he is at Middlesbrough now so doesn't concern Derby.

Forsyth lightweight and slow.

List goes on with poor recruitment of player's in our squad previous managers brought them in and Rowett has brought his in and still can't get them running consistently enough.

Player's can't perform as they were brought in to do should of found player's who could with better knowledge.

Brian Clough was the best at getting players who weren't performing consistently enough he would have them sit in the changing room whilst the game is playing and have them come back out and into the game until they thought about how they were going to change their play up and the rest was history.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Burnley got promoted by using little budget that they got and brought in key players with good recruitment at the helm of the club with a tight budget and also had a top manager who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and knows what needs to be done to get out of this Championship division.

Mel is to blame for the failure of Paul Clement, failure of two Steve McClaren reigns and Nigel Pearson and not managing to achieve success under his current tenure. Up to now Mel's tenure has been awful in his recruitment policy in bringing in managers to try to get these inconsistent players of ours working to try and get promotion and they all failed to fix the ongoing problem.

Butterfield ended up being a good appointment to start with then lost the plot as he got on and ending up being a terrible signing in the end.

Blackman don't get me started on him despite his injury problems he never looked like a top signing soon as he took his first kick.

Shotton he is at Middlesbrough now so doesn't concern Derby.

Forsyth lightweight and slow.

List goes on with poor recruitment of player's in our squad previous managers brought them in and Rowett has brought his in and still can't get them running consistently enough.

Player's can't perform as they were brought in to do should of found player's who could with better knowledge.
    Sorry R4J but you're wrong Mel isn't to blame!

Mel has been at the helm for long enough and the buck stops there......but my point is that Rowett may well be the answer but, by the looks of it, he wants to change everything and that will take time. Its no bad thing because its obvious that change is needed but will he be given time. I have to say that I am not overwhelmed by his or previous signings.

Sorry R4J but you're wrong Mel isn't to blame!
    Mel is to blame for poor recruitment of managers who couldn't get the job done that he hired to do and the ongoing problems that consists with inconsistent players not living to their full potential.

You put your trust in these players to put things right but what do they do they blow it every chance they get and Mel has put these managers in place to seek out the problems and it has let him down and look sorely back on him on paper.

The sooner you realised this and come to terms with reality the better.

Mel is to blame for poor recruitment of managers who couldn't get the job done that he hired to do and the ongoing problems that consists with inconsistent players not living to their full potential.

You put your trust in these players to put things right but what do they do they blow it every chance they get and Mel has put these managers in place to seek out the problems and it has let him down and look sorely back on him on paper.

The sooner you realised this and come to terms with reality the better.
    The reality is that you're wrong, Mel isn't to blame

[QUOTE=Manofpride;38657465]The reality is that you're wrong, Mel isn't to blame[/QUOT

The reality is your blind for seeing the bigger picture and should go for a check up at SpecSavers to test those eyes of yours.

[QUOTE=Rams4Justice;38657481]
    The reality is that you're wrong, Mel isn't to blame[/QUOT

The reality is your blind for seeing the bigger picture and should go for a check up at SpecSavers to test those eyes of yours.
    I can see that you are a novice in the knowledge of football and know nothing about it really. I had my eyes checked at specsavers as you asked and they're perfect! so I advise you to go onto the website Iknownothingaboutfootball.com it might explain a few facts about the game to you.
    As I said before you're wrong, Mel isn't to blame

[QUOTE=Manofpride;38657523]

I can see that you are a novice in the knowledge of football and know nothing about it really. I had my eyes checked at specsavers as you asked and they're perfect! so I advise you to go onto the website Iknownothingaboutfootball.com it might explain a few facts about the game to you.
    As I said before you're wrong, Mel isn't to blame
    Talking about yourself again how nice....

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)