+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

It got dragged on and on and on and on something this club has done very much of over the years and it's time they wake up and hit their problems head on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    No RamAnag I haven't got my seasons mixed up McClaren got his head turned by Newcastle leading up to the Wembley final against QPR where we lost that play-off final to QPR thanks to the calamity error by Keogh poor clearance to gift to Bobby Zamora to have a clear shot on goal and bag the last minute winner and I was at the game and I'm not afraid to say it.

The fans were outraged after the final and I remember the talk in after we lost that game and how furious the fans were at Newcastle pestering the club about McClaren in wanting him during a crucial time of our season in having the chance to go to Wembley and fans were going ballistic on how it played a major factor in the loss in the final and the player's knew that after the game McClaren might be gone and that put pressure on the players and turned their heads in preparing for such a crucial period of their careers.
    Okay, have it your own way...no blame attached to Hughes, who gave the ball away, or Buxton, hopelessly beaten, or the strikers who messed up every opportunity against ten men...just Keogh who had to be the fall guy.
    Newcastle screwed up the next season for sure...the loss to QPR was one of those days and us not taking our chances but you believe whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay, have it your own way...no blame attached to Hughes, who gave the ball away, or Buxton, hopelessly beaten, or the strikers who messed up every opportunity against ten men...just Keogh who had to be the fall guy.
    Newcastle screwed up the next season for sure...the loss to QPR was one of those days and us not taking our chances but you believe whatever you want.
    Keogh was at fault in that game because he set up Zamora for that goal which cost us at Wembley no other player did but Keogh and he took full responsibility for that mistake.

Any individual player that makes crucial mistakes in games come under scrutiny and I'm not afraid to say it why defend a player when they have done wrong, something we have backed these players far too much over the coming seasons by and we have got ourselves in this mess with inconsistent players that managers haven't been bothered in shifting until Rowett has come in and had some balls to do.

Keogh was at fault in that game because he set up Zamora for that goal which cost us at Wembley no other player did but Keogh and he took full responsibility for that mistake.

Any individual player that makes crucial mistakes in games come under scrutiny and I'm not afraid to say it why defend a player when they have done wrong, something we have backed these players far too much over the coming seasons by and we have got ourselves in this mess with inconsistent players that managers haven't been bothered in shifting until Rowett has come in and had some balls to do.
    For someone who can't handle criticism you're a very judgemental person aren't you?

In the last week or so, just off the top of my head, you've referred to Adam Pearson as a tight fisted 'crook', Sam Rush as someone who 'did a poor job', suggested that Mel Morris' 'poor recruitment' is to blame for all our woes and now brought up a mistake by Richard Keogh from over three years ago as being the reason we lost at Wembley, asking...'why defend a player when they have done wrong?'

Some of those other accusations seem unwise to me so I'll stick to the Keogh matter for now.
    I'll defend anyone who makes a 'mistake' as will most people who've played, or even just supported, team sport.
    Making a mistake is forgivable - unless it's repeated time and time again - it's failing to make the effort in the first place that isn't in my book.
    Since we signed Richard Keogh he has always given his all for Derby County. He has just about the best appearance record of any player I can remember in recent times, plays through injury, never shirks responsibility and has won the Player of the Year award twice in the time he's been with us.
    He's nowhere near one of the best central defenders I have seen play for Derby and, imo, he's not a very good captain - though countless managers (including an international one) seem to think otherwise so what do I know?
    In terms of effort, determination and dedication to the cause however he's been a top signing and that is why I'll defend him.

Perhaps a little more charity on your part, together with a little less in the way of outspoken and often unfounded accusation might lead to you being more readily accepted as part of this forum.

Maybe 'taking full responsibility' shows a bit about Keogh the man, we (apart from you) all know the failure in the match as a whole, and in the goal in particular, was a shared responsibility. So in summary, Ramanag is just about right, you are wrong.

For someone who can't handle criticism you're a very judgemental person aren't you?

In the last week or so, just off the top of my head, you've referred to Adam Pearson as a tight fisted 'crook', Sam Rush as someone who 'did a poor job', suggested that Mel Morris' 'poor recruitment' is to blame for all our woes and now brought up a mistake by Richard Keogh from over three years ago as being the reason we lost at Wembley, asking...'why defend a player when they have done wrong?'

Some of those other accusations seem unwise to me so I'll stick to the Keogh matter for now.
    I'll defend anyone who makes a 'mistake' as will most people who've played, or even just supported, team sport.
    Making a mistake is forgivable - unless it's repeated time and time again - it's failing to make the effort in the first place that isn't in my book.
    Since we signed Richard Keogh he has always given his all for Derby County. He has just about the best appearance record of any player I can remember in recent times, plays through injury, never shirks responsibility and has won the Player of the Year award twice in the time he's been with us.
    He's nowhere near one of the best central defenders I have seen play for Derby and, imo, he's not a very good captain - though countless managers (including an international one) seem to think otherwise so what do I know?
    In terms of effort, determination and dedication to the cause however he's been a top signing and that is why I'll defend him.

Perhaps a little more charity on your part, together with a little less in the way of outspoken and often unfounded accusation might lead to you being more readily accepted as part of this forum.
    My views on Keogh are telling it has it is we all know his pro's & cons like any other player at this club but he makes too many mistakes at this club and it's time for a change despite what others say to defend him about his work rate and determination which is obvious it's his poor ability at making mistakes what counts and it's costing the team on many occasions to sustain consistency and the same goes for any other player that has made mistakes over the past few games and seasons gone by.

I am a very judgemental person and dam right too and I'm very good at judging and seeing things what people miss and can't face the truth to see what's in front of their face.

These crop of player's are simply not good enough they are too inconsistent they might put blood, sweat and tears into the team but performance wise not good enough and sooner people see that the better.

Should of got rid of the lot of them seasons ago.

My views on Keogh are telling it has it is we all know his pro's & cons like any other player at this club but he makes too many mistakes at this club and it's time for a change despite what others say to defend him about his work rate and determination which is obvious it's his poor ability at making mistakes what counts and it's costing the team on many occasions to sustain consistency and the same goes for any other player that has made mistakes over the past few games and seasons gone by.

I am a very judgemental person and dam right too and I'm very good at judging and seeing things what people miss and can't face the truth to see what's in front of their face.

These crop of player's are simply not good enough they are too inconsistent they might put blood, sweat and tears into the team but performance wise not good enough and sooner people see that the better.

Should of got rid of the lot of them seasons ago.
    Sorry, no more time to waste. In the words of Carl Jung...'Thinking is hard, that's why most people judge'.

My last words on this thread...try being informed rather than merely opinionated...there's a huge difference.

Adios.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38657307]For someone who can't handle criticism

Really! Criticism is good shows you what you need to learn and get better at something these players need to learn as well as the club and that is pure fact.

As for me well if you suggesting trash posts is criticism and I have not dealt with it then you sir are totally wrong as I simply just put people on ignore and delt with it quickly and smoothly without going into a gauntlet match. Anyway trash posts is not criticism it's more of just being a total pillock on the forum and making yourself look like a complete lunatic troll who has got nothing better to do because they are bored.

Sorry, no more time to waste. In the words of Carl Jung...'Thinking is hard, that's why most people judge'.

My last words on this thread...try being informed rather than merely opinionated...there's a huge difference.

Adios.
    "Thinking is hard" sums it up pretty much why you struggle to come to terms with what's put in front of you and you can't face the facts and why the team hasn't solved it's problems up to this point.

Oh! the irony.....

You can't blame Mel Morris for poor recruitment, only 3 clubs in each league not counting the Prem get promotion, players not great players but players that gel together result in good perfomances and sometimes get you across the line, look at Burnley, also QPR had the bit of luck to get them into the Prem against us.

The recruitment of Blackman, Thorne, Shotton, Forsyth and Butterfield looked great on paper but three turned out to be pudding while the other two have been unlucky with injuries, especially Thorne.

How can the recruitment of those players be wrong or right.

Mel not to blame.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)