+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Sam Rush was appointed to replace Tom Glick and it's his duty to do his job properly and unfortunately he did a poor job and got sacked by Mel and now we are left with inconsistent players and managers who have been and gone, struggling to fix the ongoing problems of previous managers gone by that other managers haven't been able to fix.

It's all down to poor recruitment ramAnag because if we had good recruitment we wouldn't have gone through all these managerial changes and have problems of having inconsistent players.
    It may well be largely down to 'poor recruitment' but that's not the point is it? You're laying responsibility for poor recruitment squarely at MM's door. You clearly suggest that in posts 11 and 13.
    It is self evidently true that 'if we had good recruitment we wouldn't gone through all the managerial changes etc' but MM didn't actually recruit the highly paid CEO who seems likely to have been most responsible for most of the recruitment you mention did he? He was in post two years before MM took over and in fact Morris now seems to be trying to correct some of those mistakes which, without the magical benefit of hindsight, is all he can do.
    I believe you mentioned flying to Gran Canaria sometime soon. If you're flying Ryan Air and your plane is late, will it be Michael O'Leary's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It may well be largely down to 'poor recruitment' but that's not the point is it? You're laying responsibility for poor recruitment squarely at MM's door. You clearly suggest that in posts 11 and 13.
    It is self evidently true that 'if we had good recruitment we wouldn't gone through all the managerial changes etc' but MM didn't actually recruit the highly paid CEO who seems likely to have been most responsible for most of the recruitment you mention did he? He was in post two years before MM took over and in fact Morris now seems to be trying to correct some of those mistakes which, without the magical benefit of hindsight, is all he can do.
    I believe you mentioned flying to Gran Canaria sometime soon. If you're flying Ryan Air and your plane is late, will it be Michael O'Leary's fault?
    MM tenure ain't exactly seen mistakes being corrected has it we still seeing the ongoing problems consisting and he has put all these managers in to try and solve it but he has failed to live up to the task in trying to get the job done right. It's not been a straight forward easy process and never was but if you think MM tenure of trying to solve the problem has been a success in trying to root out the problem your sorely mistaken.

As for my holiday to Gran Canaria I don't fly out till Thursday and I ain't flying with Ryan Air.

MM tenure ain't exactly seen mistakes being corrected has it we still seeing the ongoing problems consisting and he has put all these managers in to try and solve it but he has failed to live up to the task in trying to get the job done right. It's not been a straight forward easy process and never was but if you think MM tenure of trying to solve the problem has been a success in trying to root out the problem your sorely mistaken.

As for my holiday to Gran Canaria I don't fly out till Thursday and I ain't flying with Ryan Air.
    I do wish you'd stick to the point. Of course problems remain to be sorted. Where have I denied that?
    My only point is...Mel Morris cannot be held totally responsible for all the mistakes. He was not solely responsible for appointments and was not even in position when the CEO concerned was appointed. He doesn't, in all probability, choose the players, wasn't likely to have been directly involved in our recent transfer fiasco, and has nothing to do with either team selection or tactics. Neither was he in any way responsible for us 'giving' Sheffield United three goals recently although seeing as he was in charge when we signed Scott Carson some will probably find a way of blaming Morris.
    You seem to have missed the point about Ryan Air, but I hope you enjoy yourself. Make sure the wifi is good...couldn't bare to be without you for a week or two.

Under MM's and Rush's tenure have we seen any major improvement in the team what so ever nope, we have only gone backwards in our recruitment policy our best chance to have a squad with great potential for the PL was under the 1st Steve McClaren reign and we were more then ready for it but unfortunately due to a Keogh calamity we missed out and here we are now in this current situation rebuilding the balance to get that quality of side we saw under that 1st McClaren reign.

MM has himself to blame for the poor recruitment that has been done under his current tenure and Sam Rush paid his price for his poor recruitment by being sacked by MM.

I know all about the ongoing issue with Ryan Air and get the joke but anyway thanks for the wishing me well on my holiday and I will still be on the forum and keeping in touch about what is going off at Derby whilst on Holiday.

Under MM's and Rush's tenure have we seen any major improvement in the team what so ever nope, we have only gone backwards in our recruitment policy our best chance to have a squad with great potential for the PL was under the 1st Steve McClaren reign and we were more then ready for it but unfortunately due to a Keogh calamity we missed out and here we are now in this current situation rebuilding the balance to get that quality of side we saw under that 1st McClaren reign.

MM has himself to blame for the poor recruitment that has been done under his current tenure and Sam Rush paid his price for his poor recruitment by being sacked by MM.

I know all about the ongoing issue with Ryan Air and get the joke but anyway thanks for the wishing me well on my holiday and I will still be on the forum and keeping in touch about what is going off at Derby whilst on Holiday.
    Oh, thank heavens for that...don't know how we'd all have coped.

No joke about Ryan Air...the point was...oh never mind...and you do know that, when Morris took over, McLaren had completely screwed up and we'd missed out even on the play offs don't you? He didn't exactly inherit an easy situation you know.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-09-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Oh, thank heavens for that...don't know how we'd all have coped.

No joke about Ryan Air...the point was...oh never mind...and you do know that when Morris took over McLaren had completely screwed up and we'd missed out even on the play offs don't you? He didn't exactly inherit an easy situation you know.
    During that play-off final Newcastle were scrounging after McClaren and the publicity surrounding that day leading up to it got so big it effected the whole team and the club and I have to say why did the club not do it's dam hardest to protect McClaren from the publicity surrounding with being linked with Newcastle just as we were preparing for the Play-off final for the big game and that was the million pound question at that time.

Michael O'Leary has already come out and apologised on his behalf of Ryan Air for the error that they have made about the planning of pilot holidays being booked during flight times and has already said they are doing everything possible to compensate the people who are effected by this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41311603

He didnt but he should have known about the over bloated squad and hired a manager from the get go instead of the head coach rubbish,, i still stand by nigel pearson was the best man for us and if given full control wed have seen the back of most of the sh*** we ended up with,, might have been slumped near the bottom 6 into the new year but i still think wed have seen a 2nd half of the season mini revival, and seen steady improvement,, once the dross had been kicked out the door, hed have started bringing in his own type of players and slowly wed have been improving,, sometimes taking 1 step back can be beneficial, just ask norwich ,southampton etc who dropped into league 1.

What we got was martin booted out on loan despite turning 6m down for him,, an owner who couldnt keep his nose out (using drones to spy on training), and it was inevitable np and the bald duck were going to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    He didnt but he should have known about the over bloated squad and hired a manager from the get go instead of the head coach rubbish,, i still stand by nigel pearson was the best man for us and if given full control wed have seen the back of most of the sh*** we ended up with,, might have been slumped near the bottom 6 into the new year but i still think wed have seen a 2nd half of the season mini revival, and seen steady improvement,, once the dross had been kicked out the door, hed have started bringing in his own type of players and slowly wed have been improving,, sometimes taking 1 step back can be beneficial, just ask norwich ,southampton etc who dropped into league 1.

What we got was martin booted out on loan despite turning 6m down for him,, an owner who couldnt keep his nose out (using drones to spy on training), and it was inevitable np and the bald duck were going to fall out.
    Like I said before "The Burton game under Pearson at the Pirelli Stadium was the major turning point to really kick most of the inconsistent players out but unfortunately due to Nigel not being the type of manager to be hands on with scrapping and changing things around he was the one for having things handed to him on the plate and working with what he has got and Derby wasn't none of that, so in the end he loaned out Martin who deserved to go out maybe not on loan but sold because he looked totally lost in the team and didn't suit Nigel's game what so ever and still is under Rowett today." Again the moment was their to solve the problem there and then but again the signs were ignored and here we are today still talking about it.

During that play-off final Newcastle were scrounging after McClaren and the publicity surrounding that day leading up to it got so big it effected the whole team and the club and I have to say why did the club not do it's dam hardest to protect McClaren from the publicity surrounding with being linked with Newcastle just as we were preparing for the Play-off final for the big game and that was the million pound question at that time.

Michael O'Leary has already come out and apologised on his behalf of Ryan Air for the error that they have made about the planning of pilot holidays being booked during flight times and has already said they are doing everything possible to compensate the people who are effected by this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41311603
    Sorry...misunderstanding...no idea what Michael O'Leary has had to say. The Ryan Air analogy was just to question whether you'd blame the man at the top for absolutely everything that went wrong. Nothing more.

As for McLaren and Newcastle I think you have your seasons muddled. We went to Wembley (and please stop banging on about Keogh) as the climax to the 2013-14 season. It was half way through the next season (2014-15) that McClaren had his head turned by Newcastle and that, together with Martin's season ending injury, was what destabilised that promotion campaign.
    Mel Morris took over in the summer (September technically I think) of 2015, we'd had a miserable last four months of the season, McClaren was playing games and that was what Morris walked into.

Sorry...misunderstanding...no idea what Michael O'Leary has had to say. The Ryan Air analogy was just to question whether you'd blame the man at the top for absolutely everything that went wrong. Nothing more.

"Sorry...misunderstanding... no idea what Michael O'Leary has had to say." Then why link and bring that up if you know nothing about it deary me RamAnag you need to learn how to use your term of words better.

As for McLaren and Newcastle I think you have your seasons muddled. We went to Wembley (and please stop banging on about Keogh) as the climax to the 2013-14 season. It was half way through the next season (2014-15) that McClaren had his head turned by Newcastle and that, together with Martin's season ending injury, was what destabilised that promotion campaign.
    Mel Morris took over in the summer (September technically I think) of 2015, we'd had a miserable last four months of the season, McClaren was playing games and that was what Morris walked into.
    No RamAnag I haven't got my seasons mixed up McClaren got his head turned by Newcastle leading up to the Wembley final against QPR where we lost that play-off final to QPR thanks to the calamity error by Keogh poor clearance to gift to Bobby Zamora to have a clear shot on goal and bag the last minute winner and I was at the game and I'm not afraid to say it.

The fans were outraged after the final and I remember the talk in after we lost that game and how furious the fans were at Newcastle pestering the club about McClaren in wanting him during a crucial time of our season in having the chance to go to Wembley and fans were going ballistic on how it played a major factor in the loss in the final and the player's knew that after the game McClaren might be gone and that put pressure on the players and turned their heads in preparing for such a crucial period of their careers.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)