Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
Keogh was at fault in that game because he set up Zamora for that goal which cost us at Wembley no other player did but Keogh and he took full responsibility for that mistake.

Any individual player that makes crucial mistakes in games come under scrutiny and I'm not afraid to say it why defend a player when they have done wrong, something we have backed these players far too much over the coming seasons by and we have got ourselves in this mess with inconsistent players that managers haven't been bothered in shifting until Rowett has come in and had some balls to do.
For someone who can't handle criticism you're a very judgemental person aren't you?

In the last week or so, just off the top of my head, you've referred to Adam Pearson as a tight fisted 'crook', Sam Rush as someone who 'did a poor job', suggested that Mel Morris' 'poor recruitment' is to blame for all our woes and now brought up a mistake by Richard Keogh from over three years ago as being the reason we lost at Wembley, asking...'why defend a player when they have done wrong?'

Some of those other accusations seem unwise to me so I'll stick to the Keogh matter for now.
I'll defend anyone who makes a 'mistake' as will most people who've played, or even just supported, team sport.
Making a mistake is forgivable - unless it's repeated time and time again - it's failing to make the effort in the first place that isn't in my book.
Since we signed Richard Keogh he has always given his all for Derby County. He has just about the best appearance record of any player I can remember in recent times, plays through injury, never shirks responsibility and has won the Player of the Year award twice in the time he's been with us.
He's nowhere near one of the best central defenders I have seen play for Derby and, imo, he's not a very good captain - though countless managers (including an international one) seem to think otherwise so what do I know?
In terms of effort, determination and dedication to the cause however he's been a top signing and that is why I'll defend him.

Perhaps a little more charity on your part, together with a little less in the way of outspoken and often unfounded accusation might lead to you being more readily accepted as part of this forum.