+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell v Aberdeen QF roll call.....

Simply gutless tonight. Words fail me.
    Apart from Ryan Christie ... we where utter utter dross.

When Big Joe screws up you know its all over and Joe Lewis is our best player

No communication between the players. no inspiration . Big Andy C and Mark Reynolds consistently poor both need a long period on the bench .

We are not going to win every game, but desperately need a result on Sunday.

****s sake ..... Just do it

McInnes just needs to go back to the drawing board, figure out his best XI and stick with that for a run of games.

We've been here before:

Hamilton 3 Aberdeen 0 October 2014
    Aberdeen 1 St Johnstone 5 October 2015 (after horrendous performances against Hibs and ICT)

"Worst days since McGhee" - folk have a memory like a sieve. There have been plenty of horrendous performances under McInnes.

Maybe the wheels are coming off and we'll go into freefall. Or maybe we'll go through an indifferent run of form and come out the other end. I'll wait a few more games before I buy a new pair of incontinence pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Considine should never play left back at AFC again.
    The penny should have dropped with the man who picks him along f@cking time ago

seen that result and performance coming from a mile away, previous couple of games we have been a shambles, but luckily at the time so were Killie and at least Lewis turned up for the farts game.
    Really difficult to see where our next win is going to come from that is really three games on the bounce we have been total sh!te and even going back to the scrappy 2-1 win against Dundee if we are honest we were lucky there as well, lucky that dundee were a poorer quality of sh!te than we were. Don't know what to say about the entertaining (for a neutral) game at partick. We should not be conceding 3 goals in a game but thats twice now in as many weeks.
    Going to be a long bleak winter and even longer bleak season with what we are looking at these days

Cmon to fk Aberdeen sort it out

Last season we were pretty indifferent up until the h*ns game and folk were saying that McInnes was past his shelf life and that we were going to struggle. The h*ns played us off the park at Pittodrie but Maddison scored a wonder goal and we ended up winning the next two games 4-0.

McInnes just needs to sort things out, stick with a settled team. He has always relied on consistency in team selection and that's what we need to get back to. It might mean that some players have to sit out and win their place in the team. Bounce back against Well and the result and patchy spell will be soon forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    McInnes just needs to go back to the drawing board, figure out his best XI and stick with that for a run of games.

We've been here before:

Hamilton 3 Aberdeen 0 October 2014
    Aberdeen 1 St Johnstone 5 October 2015 (after horrendous performances against Hibs and ICT)

"Worst days since McGhee" - folk have a memory like a sieve. There have been plenty of horrendous performances under McInnes.

Maybe the wheels are coming off and we'll go into freefall. Or maybe we'll go through an indifferent run of form and come out the other end. I'll wait a few more games before I buy a new pair of incontinence pants.
    Good post. The 0-3 v the Huns and some of the cup games as well.

I'd have hoped that signing the different players would give us more options but unfortunately it's highlighted how tactically inept DM is.

He started to improve the sub situation but he's still making the same mistakes he did in his first season.

We needed a full reboot perhaps. Scottish cup win and it'll all be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Let's not get carried away. I agree there are some causes for concern but we've revamped the team over the summer losing Hayes and McGinn in the process - it's going to take a bit of time for the team to gel. Obviously the manager's chopping and changing isn't helping things.

We could well be in for a bumpy run of form but I'm fairly confident we'll ride it out as we did a few seasons ago.
    The "gel" excuse won't wash now.
    12 games we've played now plus pre season will make it 16?
    As DM himself said after Killie game, that excuse is thin now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Of course McInnes won't be giving his players any excuses. But it can take a lot longer than a quarter of a season for a new team to click.

Sunday will be interesting. I can't imagine Motherwell will do much different, so it'll be down to McInnes to get a team on the park that won't get pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I dont think the team has had time to gel because he keeps chopping and changing it,I think its starting to effect the likes of Lewis and Shinnie having different players/formations in every game.

He needs to pick the same team and formation and stick to it, his 4231 formation seems to be the only one that works for him. I think his ego has rocketed since the summer with Milne begging him to stay and giving him the funds to strengthen the squad,he needs to get his head out of his own erse and go with his best line up and formation.

Imo it should be

Lewis
    Logan AOC Arnason Considine
    Mclean Shinnie
    Wright Christie GMS
    May

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast