+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell v Aberdeen QF roll call.....

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Didn't realise their midfielder Campbell was only 19.
    TBH when I saw their line-up only recognised 2 names.

Christie aside, just saw no fight again tonight. That's even more disappointing than the manager over-thinking it.
    Yes he's hampering them again right now but you'd think personal pride/professionalism would override that.
    Sad thing is, there's a few Motherwell players that would get in our team.
    Cadden.
    Moult
    The big defender (can't remember his name).
    We've regressed hugely this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    GMS - heart of a pea.
    Cheers min that has cheered me up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Cheers min that has cheered me up a bit
    Wish to f**k I could cheer up.
    I fear a long old season is ahead of us.
    Where's the next win coming from?

A top manager looks at his first 11 and identifies weak positions to improve. Not DM. I can't recall one first team player he has moved on or let go. Considine & Reynolds given new contracts, why? Are they seriously the best we can get?
    Why sign Maynard & Ball? If we don't have any U20s better than them then just close the youth Academy as it's failing.
    Taylor for all his faults was clearly first choice centre half last season. Now we have the choice of last years No3, a 35yo that DM doesn't rate or a last minute panic signing Hun hopeless chunt. Magic..

I agree.
    And expect same on Sunday.
    We're a soft, spineless lot this year.
    Even Shinnie looks sh1t this season so far, like he's listless.

Shinnie doesn't have the same engine so far this season. Too often tonight, he had no drive to get the ball wide and drive down the wing, so he looked infield and played a square pass. We all know about his debilitating illness that he fights on a daily basis, maybe he has current issues with that at present?

Logan has been ding since day 1 this season. Rooney is embarrasing to watch at the moment, as is Considine. A lot of players just heading over the hill now, despite the big changearound in the summer.

All is not lost this season, of course not, but to be honest, there was always going to be a season under McInnes where I thought we'd go backwards. Team was growing old together. But if it meant taking one step back to go two forward, then I'd take that, if he played Harvie (injured, granted, but would he play him anyway?) and maybe Ross

Maybe, for the next half dozen games or so, we need to concentrate on being "hard to beat". Get a settled back 4 (nae 3, or 5) and two in front. Dissappointing that Tansey will be out during October but maybe Ball and Shinnie need to assume that role. And take it from there. And re-instill that spirit back into the side
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 21-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Shinnie doesn't have the same engine so far this season. Too often tonight, he had no drive to get the ball wide and drive down the wing, so he looked infield and played a square pass. We all know about his debilitating illness that he fights on a daily basis, maybe he has current issues with that at present?

Logan has been ding since day 1 this season. Rooney is embarrasing to watch at the moment, as is Considine. A lot of players just heading over the hill now, despite the big changearound in the summer.

All is not lost this season, of course not, but to be honest, there was always going to be a season under McInnes where I thought we'd go backwards. Team was growing old together. But if it meant taking one step back to go two forward, then I'd take that, if he played Harvie (injured, granted, but would he play him anyway?) and maybe Ross

Maybe, for the next half dozen games or so, we need to concentrate on being "hard to beat". Get a settled back 4 (nae 3, or 5) and two in front. Dissappointing that Tansey will be out during October but maybe Ball and Shinnie need to assume that role. And take it from there. And re-instill that spirit back into the side
    Aye, we don't know if there is an issue with Shinnie & his illness.
    Agree with most of post.
    Not sure about Ball though.
    Wasn't exactly a stand out with SEVCO at Championship level as I recall.
    If Tansey is out maybe we're forced to?
    The whole team looks unbalanced & disjointed.
    All component parts look weak.
    Sh1te central defence
    Left back
    Midfield soft as baby's first sh1te
    Weak out wide.
    We're creating very little.

Maybe the Tombola will fall favourably on Sunday.

Christ, even a blind squirrel finds nuts every now & again.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 21-09-2017 at 11:08 PM.

While we have no divine right to win any game, that utterly spineless shambles is completely unacceptable from any Aberdeen team.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I was pretty sure we'd lose tonight given how we've been playing. I didn't expect it to be as bad as that though.

Passmarks to Christie who put in a shift but the rest can GTF. They should have their wages docked for that. Even Lewis was a mare and you know we're f'ucked if that happens.

Everyone knew that would be a battle and Motherwell would come after us - so why start with an utter blouse like GMS when your going to need boys who can fight in the trenches and match up? We were a man down afore we even kicked off.

I thought we were past losing games to teams who simply wanted it more - but that was as bad as any capitulation I've seen in the last 20 years.

To be fair Motherwell were excellent and Moult ripped us a new ar5ehole. Sadly I think he'll end up elsewhere now but I'd love us to sign him as he was different class tonight.

Stop f'ucking about Del and go back to the tried and trusted formation that's worked the last few years. You also now know for definite that the likes of Maynard and GMS are not good enough so forget them and get a settled team out there week in week out.

Fu'ckin shambles that tonight - it better not happen again......

Ball is being written off even though he has played less than 180 mins, and that alongside a chopped and changed defence?
    GMS will only improve if he gets a run in the team. Being sub, or coming off after 20 mins won't do it. Yes, he tripped over his own feet tonight, but give him more than 20+ mins. Considine's passing and positioning suggested he was dealing with a football for the first time, but he played the 90 and will be back Sunday.
    in terms of Lewis if I was him I'd be asking how Well players can get overhead flicks and free headers in our box. Yes, he could have done better but far from solely culpable.
    We need a settled line-up for a period of games, that's the issue.

This isn't a "be positive" post incidentally, just a perspective one. We were utterly manure tonight.

I only had to get back to Edinburgh but my thoughts are with those 2 coaches going back to Peterhead

Maybe 4th is optimistic.
    We have been dross all season.
    I don't think we'll win a game in the next 5.
    F**k knows where we'll be then,
    Let's not get carried away. I agree there are some causes for concern but we've revamped the team over the summer losing Hayes and McGinn in the process - it's going to take a bit of time for the team to gel. Obviously the manager's chopping and changing isn't helping things.

We could well be in for a bumpy run of form but I'm fairly confident we'll ride it out as we did a few seasons ago.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast