+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T West Ayton Life Update

O/T West Ayton Life Update

Strange....in a massively pro-Tory stronghold, Sid's FB page is 13 to 1 anti-Tory.....mmmmmm......he will only be happy once he has done the same here

West Ayton life
    26 June ·

This is a 'local boy done good' story which may have escaped your gaze. Today Theresa May's government signed a deal with the DUP to give them a Parliamentary majority. West Ayton boy Gavin Williamson (who is the government chief whip) was in charge of arranging that deal as well as being one of its signatories.
    Gavin went to Ayton Primary School and then Raincliffe School before going on to University. He is the MP for South Staffordshire. So good to hear a state school boy doing so well.
    Image may contain: one or more people, sky, close-up and outdoor
    14 Comments
    1 Share
    29 29
    Top comments
    Show More Reactions
    Comment
    Comments
    Stephen Beech
    Write a comment...
    Marcus Alexander
    Marcus Alexander Suppose it depends on your own political views as to whether "the boy has done good" - clearly WAL admin see him as a success - but nobody else is permitted to put their political views forward as it differs from that of WAL admin......just saying ;o)
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 12:52
    Manage
    West Ayton life
    West Ayton life Ah Marcus, if you only knew
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 12:56
    Manage
    Clare Shepherd
    Clare Shepherd Marvellous. Our local NHS services are now going to suffer more big cuts (as reported locally the other day), affecting us all, yet the, ahem, "Magic Money Tree" apparently has swiftly brought forth £1.5 billion to secure this deal. You say "doing so w...See more
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 03:26
    Manage
    West Ayton life
    West Ayton life Clare, WAL refrains from political comment where possible. Gavin's personal achievement after being educated locally seemed worthy of mention.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 27 June at 05:37
    Manage
    Clare Shepherd
    Clare Shepherd No. How can you post a picture of a politician, mention his actions & then lecture me about political comment. If you don't want politics don't bring up politicians. What he's just done is a disgrace.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 05:39
    Manage
    Maggie Gothard
    Maggie Gothard Totally agree Clare. The whole Tory government right now is a national disgrace and I feel ashamed to be British.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 12:21
    Manage
    Mat Watkinson
    Mat Watkinson She doesn't mean it, Clare.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 28 June at 02:24
    Manage
    Stephen Beech
    Write a reply...
    Tony Randerson
    Tony Randerson I knew him when i was on the County Council in the 90's. He did seem at the time to have a degree of common sense for a Tory. However he has clearly lost his way since becoming an MP. He dances to the witches tune now 😡
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 28 June at 10:18
    Manage
    Andy Holden
    Andy Holden Maybe the "state schoolboy" should be MP for his local area that the current one does nothing for.......one for all and all for....wherever they get the paycheck and expenses from...
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 26 June at 17:41
    Manage
    Mat Watkinson
    Mat Watkinson No thanks, Andy. Not a Tory, please.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 28 June at 02:26
    Manage
    Stephen Beech
    Write a reply...

Gray Fordy
    Gray Fordy Notwithstanding his political views Gavin has worked his way through local politics (Seamer Councillor) and made his way up the ladder. I don't like the kid and I never did at Ayton School but the point is well made that you don't need to be an Old Etonian to be successful.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 26 June at 15:22
    Manage
    Craig Newton
    Craig Newton https://www.theyworkforyou.com/.../south_staffordshire...
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 00:38
    Manage
    Dorne Whale
    Dorne Whale He started off with good intentions... and then went over to the dark side. Enough said.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 11:36
    Manage
    Bob Tweedie
    Bob Tweedie So many very successful young people brought up in West Ayton, for example,
    Laurie Walker, NATO coordinator for the Western Balkans,
    Pascal Wharton, Marketing Director Sky Television ...See more
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 07:49
    Manage
    Tamzin Gates
    Tamzin Gates I, for one, fail to see the glory.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 26 June at 14:42
    Manage
    Dale Tomlinson
    Dale Tomlinson Regardless of their political beliefs, they obviously worked very hard to get to where they are.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 26 June at 14:51
    Manage
    Tamzin Gates
    Tamzin Gates I'm sure he did.
    However, he has been directly involved in one of the most divisive political manoeuvres ever seen. And if this isn't, in fact, a cash for votes arrangement, I look forward to the £1.5 billion investment in an area with a population of...See more
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 26 June at 15:07 · Edited
    Manage
    Sara Adams
    Sara Adams Just watching Boris v Teresa incidentally! Interesting portrayal of Gavin!
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 27 June at 16:10
    Manage
    Stephen Beech
    Write a reply...

Maggie Gothard
    Maggie Gothard Despicable action from a typical self serving Tory boy.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 27 June at 12:24
    Manage
    Paul Garbutt
    Paul Garbutt sorry i pressed like .looks like im as stupid as him.
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 28 June at 04:12
    Manage
    Mark Rodger
    Mark Rodger Seriously?
    LikeShow More Reactions
    · Reply · 28 June at 02:28

Why on earth would this concern anyone on Notts MAD? You are a sad man living in exile with far too much time on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why on earth would this concern anyone on Notts MAD? You are a sad man living in exile with far too much time on your hands.
    Some would say the only difference between you and tarquin is that you don't live in exile.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Some would say the only difference between you and tarquin is that you don't live in exile.
    And you know this how?

And you know this how?
    Just a wild guess.

Why ?.......because I am trying to show the similarities between the two styles of posts on two different websites.....even one of your first posts on the page is identical to what you have posted often on here ie "if only you knew"

You take a seemingly innocent "local boy done good" story, throw in little juicy "DUP collaboration" tit-bit.......then light the touchpaper and stand back.

Strangely the comments are all derisive of the "local boy" except one......why is that when the average Tory/Lab split is circa 60/40 in the area?....surely there must have been one or two pro-Tory posts?

Either you are "vetting" the replies or, more worryingly, you have surrounded yourself with a FB following of committed Lefties......now do you see where I am going with this Sid?

You attempt to do the same on here countless times.......you spread as much rubbish on here as you can, you openly admit you do not attend Notts matches any more, you profess your love of Hull football.....and you have surrounded yourself with a bunch of admirers that follow your every post (BFP followed you on 3 separate threads the other day within 6, 14 and 15 minutes).

Lastly, why am I the "sad one"?...............maybe others will recall your O/T post on here "Who can tell me some info on Tarkers" a few years ago (apparently I was such an "interesting person" that you needed some background history on me).....hahaha.

Maybe the feeling is mutual Sid?....I find you so interesting that I like to keep tabs on you.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    (BFP followed you on 3 separate threads the other day within 6, 14 and 15 minutes).

Lastly, why am I the "sad one"?..............
    I think this provides a very clear explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think this provides a very clear explanation!
    Welcome back Elite....the guy that keeps every single anti-Elite post filed away for future use!!

His spats with Tricky are testament to his superb filing technique

Sad to say I have to say I agree with sidders on this one. I lost track of the thread after the first couple of tweet replies. It requires much patience to follow who said what and who replied, and this wasn't a particularly interesting topic in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Sad to say I have to say I agree with sidders on this one. I lost track of the thread after the first couple of tweet replies. It requires much patience to follow who said what and who replied, and this wasn't a particularly interesting topic in the first place.

Just my thoughts.
    I agree that it is not particularly interesting to some....I was merely showing the similarity between Sid's actions on here with his O/T posts and his sycophantic followers, and those on his FB page.

Obviously many on here are already aware of his methods....so to them this may appear boring....my apologies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast