+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave's take on another away point...

Dave's take on another away point...

I was at the game and this could have been written by me...
    http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/dyche-m...point/9100349/

Watching Burnley has been torture the last 2 games but made bearable by the 4 points.

The only thing I'd take issue with is describing the 8 points from 5 games as 'admirable', I think that's understating it by some distance. Looking at the fixtures in summer no points from the first five seemed more likely than 8, to have got so many is incredible, bordering on the miraculous.

Dyche is targeting a return of 1.5 points per game. He is remarkably already ahead of the game!

This made me chuckle and sums up my match watching experience in a sentence.

"Clarets supporters it can be a buttock-clenching exercise in anxiety."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dyche is targeting a return of 1.5 points per game. He is remarkably already ahead of the game!
    57 points would have put us 8th last year, that would be an amazing result. Wonder what the tactics will be against Huddersfield?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    57 points would have put us 8th last year, that would be an amazing result. Wonder what the tactics will be against Huddersfield?
    Attack! Attack! attack! No sitting back.

That will be a different sort of test. A game we really must not lose! The Terriers look well organised and Wagner has bought well.

Keep your fingers crossed that they miss all their sitters, just like every bugger else does who plays us. I don't know how Dyche does it, but it's the cleverest tactic I've ever known.

The dude who was on the goal line at Anfield and managed to hit the bar was the perfect testimony for SD's defensive prowess!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)