+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Ed

FAO Ed

Hi Ed

Do you not think it's time to consider stepping aside and let someone who cares about the board have a bash at running it? You did a great job in the past when the board was buzzing, was reasonably well moderated, good banter and lots of posters. Now none of that exists and the board has fallen to 2-3 posts per day.

Defences like 'all boards are down' don't wash - this board could have been and can be thriving again.

One post yesterday - apart from admin's, which nae chunt reads - and even that was just sevvy.

Board is how it deserves to be and no one gives a sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambusman View Post

Board is how it deserves to be and no one gives a sh1te.
    Apart from the wallopers using their sock puppet accounts to beg Ed to step aside.

I laughed

Thanks for your interest in the state of the board. I have often thought of stopping running the site (which is more than just the board) but have been unsuccesful in finding anybody insane enough to take over. I have a life away from here and have not been able to spend as much time as I used to writing stories as I try to generate some income from other interests. As many regulars may recall that I don't really post on the board much apart from announcing stories (that some do read :-)) or to try to calm some fevered brows when things turn nasty. The board is and alway has been the domain of the posters. It is busy or quiet depending if posters want to post things. I cannot do much to force people to post. So rather than suggesting that I stand aside perhaps users and visitors can consider what they can do to enhance the level of discussion on the board. A new editor may write more interesting stories but not sure they can do much about generating posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_Scottishfitba1 View Post
    Thanks for your interest in the state of the board. I have often thought of stopping running the site (which is more than just the board) but have been unsuccesful in finding anybody insane enough to take over. I have a life away from here and have not been able to spend as much time as I used to writing stories as I try to generate some income from other interests. As many regulars may recall that I don't really post on the board much apart from announcing stories (that some do read :-)) or to try to calm some fevered brows when things turn nasty. The board is and alway has been the domain of the posters. It is busy or quiet depending if posters want to post things. I cannot do much to force people to post. So rather than suggesting that I stand aside perhaps users and visitors can consider what they can do to enhance the level of discussion on the board. A new editor may write more interesting stories but not sure they can do much about generating posts.

I'm afraid this board is deid Ed - you probably need to accept that.

Deid maybe but still preferable to the constant bile spewed by the Huns that used to frequent here before they left in tears with their tails firmly between their legs

The Tims will thrash them again today and then we'll have peace for another 6 months

http://tinyurl.com/l8de2ky

Dignity brothers and keep looking in. Ed loves those hits

Quote Originally Posted by ed_Scottishfitba1 View Post
    Editorial posts/'stories' are neither here nor there - I doubt anyone thinks 'I'll post on sfnet its got great stories from ed'. The board is about the posters and poor, inconsistent moderation of posts and posters over the past few years led to most of the decent posters leaving. That's not so much a criticism as a fact. The board is dead - and prior to drawing its last breath, most of the posts on here would have been chopped years ago - and arent tolerated on any other boards i visit.

Dannys board is a good example, if youre interested - a busy, thriving board and all the posters on there were posters on here who decided to leave for the reason I stated above.

Dannys board is great folks, it's the site that offers you a free stabbing if you don't toe the party line. Ask AJ

Endless bigotry too, nae wonder the huns gravitated there.

Looks like Rolf has returned as Kittybrewster. Compare and contrast

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Your site is dying and you are to blame, you had the opportunity to deal with the rancid personal abuse dealt out time after time to anyone who showed any sort of allegiance to Rangers or anything these diseased minds sought to link to us.

The Rangers hate hit an all time high when we were fraudulently taken over and then fed to the wolves by the crooks who picked at the bones of our carcass, it was like watching a dying victim trying to get up after a savage street beating only to be stabbed again and again by those enraged by petty jealousy and inbred bigotry, you hoped we would just die and go away, but it didn't quite work out the way you wanted.

When you weren't revelling in our slow lingering death you sat back laughing at the sub human retorts spewed out by the same cretinous subjects who are now left alone on your board as it dies, you can't do anything about these mutants now as banning them will ultimately end your board and end your income from the pitiful advertising revenue
    that obviously means so much to you.

You have allowed every Rangers fan to become so disillusioned with your site that none post here anymore, the constant abuse handed out and the refusal of you to do your job and properly administer the site has seen an end to what was once a decent site that stimulated debate, often humorous, constantly about football and had many posters from all clubs submitting posts that were relevant, thoughtful or even just a good laugh.

That has gone now and you are to blame, take a look at the posts on your site, a time ago you would have binned the Butcher of the Bogside thread as it would be obvious how it would turn out, now it has to stay as you desperately try to get the clicks needed to create that revenue stream, unprincipled and immoral but not surprising. I replied to this thread by giving an "victims" account of living in Belfast during the troubles and an article from a highly regarded columnist, in return I get the usual personal abuse and even a thread started in my honour with the usual abuse.

I stayed of this site for months to see if the hatred would die down, I thought perhaps it was my posting style that infuriated some and therefore maybe I was perhaps somehow to blame for the personal abuse thrown my way, but having looked in occasionally I seen that despite there being no Rangers affiliated person posting on the board the hatred is still very much apparent with every thread filled with hate for Rangers or anything associated, all this and not a Rangers minded person posting a word on here, that tells you everything you need to know about this site and it's editor.

To have a good Scottish football site you need to act impartially and deal with the cretins who refuse to toe the line, you have failed to do this and are left with a cesspool of bigotry and hatred, I hope you are comfortable with what you see when you look in the mirror these days.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)