+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i may have misjudged rafa

i may have misjudged rafa

watched the game on saturday
    thought the crowd was great and we played ok

still worry about josalwho and his scoring but cant fault his conviction and effort

but i also think rafa got it right tactically

he is certainlty getting a shift out the back 4

the scousers will be the telling game for me
    as i did expect us to win the games we have or at least get a point

lascelles ahs certainly grown into the armband but he still ahs staylor traits

not really missing dummet in fact i this we look more solid with out him

is this a doppel ganger ?????

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    watched the game on saturday
    thought the crowd was great and we played ok

still worry about josalwho and his scoring but cant fault his conviction and effort

but i also think rafa got it right tactically

he is certainlty getting a shift out the back 4

the scousers will be the telling game for me
    as i did expect us to win the games we have or at least get a point

lascelles ahs certainly grown into the armband but he still ahs staylor traits

not really missing dummet in fact i this we look more solid with out him
    Well that's welcome news.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    is this a doppel ganger ?????
    Was just going to say.."Right wheres pboro,and what have you done with him"...

Still reckon he could have been hacked.....

i still think we have won the games we should but lets see what we do at liverpool ]for what its worth i think they can be got at
    however their weakness is in defence
    if rafa sits back and invites them on i dont think we have enough to cope with defending against their quality

in the last 3 games we have won by shear hard work and doggidness and two goals from lascelles no one would have bet on getting

so whilst it looks positive and its good to win im hoping it aint using all our luck up

josalwho takes a lot of pressure of the back 4 etc by giving them an out ,but i worry about goals

i also worry that if we have to introduce shelvey for any length of time we will also loose the hard defensive side of us

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    if rafa sits back and invites them on i dont think we have enough to cope with defending against their quality

,but i worry about goals

i also worry that if we have to introduce shelvey for any length of time we will also loose the hard defensive side of us
    3 very good points. We've defended, in the main, very well. Liverpool have so much attacking talent that we'll be hard pressed not to concede a couple but I'd like to think we wouldn't get walloped (walloped? 1980's children's tv called and wants its word back ).

As for goals, you'd like to think Joselu wouldn't miss that many gilt-edged chances again in one game (he's a 1 in 4 striker so his next chance should go in )

And i commented at the weekend that when Hayden came off we lost our shape and our control of the midfield. We need to be disciplined against Liverpool and the Hayden/Merino combination gives us that.

Apart from Robson, I can't see any of our previous managers winning the last 3 games with such a young, and admittedly on paper quite weak, team.

We had the youngest average age in the Prem this weekend.

I do think we're massively reliant on Ritchie, and if he picks up an injury we may struggle to create quality chances and openings, but the organisation and preparation seems to have been spot on... so well done Rafa.

In the next 10 games we have 6 games we should have a chance of picking up three points, if we pick up even 4 wins we'll be half way to safety with less than half a season played, this season is all about passing 40 points for me to be honest, then we'll see if Rafa gets what the club generates next summer

Good God I'm with Ash - Pboro has been hacked

Fair points though.

I think Joselu was so desperate to score against Stoke and prove Hughes wrong that he missed chances he'd usually put away.

We do look solid defensively and i think you're right that we haven't actually missed Dummett.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    3 very good points. We've defended, in the main, very well. Liverpool have so much attacking talent that we'll be hard pressed not to concede a couple but I'd like to think we wouldn't get walloped (walloped? 1980's children's tv called and wants its word back ).

As for goals, you'd like to think Joselu wouldn't miss that many gilt-edged chances again in one game (he's a 1 in 4 striker so his next chance should go in )

And i commented at the weekend that when Hayden came off we lost our shape and our control of the midfield. We need to be disciplined against Liverpool and the Hayden/Merino combination gives us that.
    thays why i would have cashed in on shelvey and gayle this last window

neither are rafas type of players for the prem

i hope he gets rid of mitro

but we are a side that severly lacks goals from open play

we need joselowho to find his scoring boots

as we are half the side with him out of it

I think Gayle will be cashed in soon rather than later personally.

As you said he's not Rafa's type of player for the system he wants to play in the prem.

Which is a shame in my mind because i think Gayle could do well in prem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)