+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ryan Air to cancel hundreds of flights

O/T Ryan Air to cancel hundreds of flights

I know quite a few may have already taken their summer hols abroad but it appears Ryan Air intend to cancel between 40-50 flights a day over the next 6 weeks affecting thousands of passengers.

The compensation bill looks to run into millions as people are cancelling and booking elsewhere.

All stems around the fact they've given pilots too much holiday time off in consecutive months and it's messed up their staffing rotas. Coupled to to the fact Swiss air have recruited over a 100 pilots from Ryan Air in the last few weeks and it's left them with little or no pilot cover.

Serves the greedy get right for not paying fare wages. My Daughter was previously cabin crew for them and the stories she had about the way they treated staff has some bearing on this fiasco.

Good luck to anyone trying to sort a flight out with Ryan Air.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I know quite a few may have already taken their summer hols abroad but it appears Ryan Air intend to cancel between 40-50 flights a day over the next 6 weeks affecting thousands of passengers.

The compensation bill looks to run into millions as people are cancelling and booking elsewhere.

All stems around the fact they've given pilots too much holiday time off in consecutive months and it's messed up their staffing rotas. Coupled to to the fact Swiss air have recruited over a 100 pilots from Ryan Air in the last few weeks and it's left them with little or no pilot cover.

Serves the greedy get right for not paying fare wages. My Daughter was previously cabin crew for them and the stories she had about the way they treated staff has some bearing on this fiasco.

Good luck to anyone trying to sort a flight out with Ryan Air.
    More like Dan Dare Airways

Never liked them tbh

I'm supposed to be off on Sunday to Portugal with Ryanair. Not heard anything from them yet just the same standard thing they keep saying "If you haven't had an e-mail your flight is on schedule"

Some people have claimed to have received an e-mail 24 hours before they were due to fly saying it was cancelled though so i'm still a little worried.

I've watched the news today. All cancellations will be announced Wednesday.

It's a scandel of the highest order. My mum is due to come over here at the weekend to spend her 70th birthday. I'm Hoping it isn't cancelled on the way out. I don't mind looking after her until they find a seat ont way back!

What are they going to do if they cancel the outward journey and not the return? Will they compensate her for one but not the other because she should have been there? Who fecks up like this?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Who fecks up like this?
    Erm Ryan air does?

Also Tommas cook and united airlines lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Erm Ryan air does?

Also Tommas cook and united airlines lol
    Also it's not unknown for football clubs to forget to register loan players

I hate Ryan air but have a flight booked for the 5th of Oct, the sloppy *******s have lost 140 pilots, quite careless where did they put them

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I've watched the news today. All cancellations will be announced Wednesday.

It's a scandel of the highest order. My mum is due to come over here at the weekend to spend her 70th birthday. I'm Hoping it isn't cancelled on the way out. I don't mind looking after her until they find a seat ont way back!

What are they going to do if they cancel the outward journey and not the return? Will they compensate her for one but not the other because she should have been there? Who fecks up like this?
    Looking through the lists today, they seem to be cancelling outward & return flights, so if one is cancelled so should the other be. Ah, just realised that of course is flights on the same day, which won't be the case for your mum.

Hoping that I get to Manchester next week for the Blackburn game.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I hate Ryan air but have a flight booked for the 5th of Oct, the sloppy *******s have lost 140 pilots, quite careless where did they put them
    Like I put earlier, a lot have defected to Swiss Air and other airlines, such is the company bad to work for.

NB. Frog, hope your Mum makes it there and back okay
    Last edited by Brin; 18-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Latest cancellation list has just been put up on Ryanair website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast