+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wishful thinking Team.

Wishful thinking Team.

Ive based this on something ive seen over the weekend which worked for them!

Lewis,
    Durnan, Quinn, Edge,
    King, Briels, Fyvie, McMullan
    Stanton,
    Keatings, N'Koyi.

But Ray couldnae lace that managers boots!

If it didnt work, Quinn and Stanton/King to be replaced by Robson and Murdoch/Toshney.

decent enough team but reckon we'd be exposed on the wings against better opposition.

could play that team/formation at home v the so called lesser opponents but id rather move mcmullan inside to a no.10 and move stanton back to CM in place of briels or fyvie. bring robson in on the left.
    Against the better teams i wouldnt want to rely on King and Mcmullan doing the defensive side of their position.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    decent enough team but reckon we'd be exposed on the wings against better opposition.

could play that team/formation at home v the so called lesser opponents but id rather move mcmullan inside to a no.10 and move stanton back to CM in place of briels or fyvie. bring robson in on the left.
    Against the better teams i wouldnt want to rely on King and Mcmullan doing the defensive side of their position.
    "against better opposition" exactly most peoples thoughts, on paper and by money spent there should be NO better opposition! I normally do not miss a game, but instead of Falkirk, where I get free tickets due to my pal being a manager with their sponsors I stayed at home and painted my pet pigs new shed!

I can take getting beat from anyone if they deserve it, even teams like brechin and dumbarton will OCCASIONALLY get a good result, but nothing, nothing I have seen this year tells me that we are any better then anyone else in this league.

I am normally a happy clapping, look on the bright side, but I am genuinely apathetic about my season ticket this year. Kids Scottish cup this week in the morning against DUSC u/15's, genuinely win or loose that one I will see better organised players and a better game!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)