+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McClaren to Birmingham

McClaren to Birmingham

Looks like McClaren could be on his way to Birmingham, Odds have now gone from 16/1 to 5/1 could be interesting if he was installed before this weeks match?

They'll be in the playoffs if he does. I expect he'll have a decent enough impact to get them in a decent position. How long it lasts is another matter.

I think he will do well there

On past evidence, there will be a bit of a rise in performance levels followed by failure, If they do appoint him then its another club run by people with no clue about football.

On what evidence from his recent spells of management would you say he was a good appointment?

I really hope he doesn't take over in time for the weekend...Sod's law and all that.
    More rationally...what has he actually achieved since his days with United and Middlesbrough?
    He had a brilliant seven or eight months with us, starting about four years ago, that ultimately ended in failure.
    He's had another couple of cracks of the whip with us, both of which have ended in tears and he's doomed Newcastle to relegation.
    Other than that...he's talked some bollux in the press and on TV.
    Yesterday's money chasing man imo...a once decent coach who's only real success as a manager in English football came a while back at Boro.

But...I still don't want him near the Blues on Saturday...we've got enough to worry about with Carsley who I always wanted as coach to Rowett's manager at PP.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-09-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Some men really do steal a living ffs

Hodgson keeps getting jobs in the prem,, yet as achieved f*** all in the game and is the most dour man in football, couldnt motivate me to take a s*** whilst having chronic diarrhoea.

Redknapp keeps finding clubs despite winning only 1 cup having spent about 1 billion quid on crap, hes almost bankrupted 2 clubs, hes not even motivating either, hes a pi** poor imitation of del boy.

Yet blokes like pearson are confined to the rubbish bin despite only a failure because an owner was to nosey.

Pearson could start an argument with himself so can understand why clubs would be wary of him, but Hodgson, Redknapp and McClaren are not managers any club wanting to progress would hire.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)