+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donny v Reserves

Thanks for the report C64F... this type of reserve game, which is open to the public, is preferable to a "behind closed doors" game, which most of the players probably view as a training routine. In recent seasons , the development squad has often been put in for the reserves fixtures, and I don't think that it has had a positive effect.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Useful that - thank you, Millertop and C64F.

I know it's not a new thing, but what happened to reserve games being played midweek at the home grounds of clubs, with evening kick off? I've not been to a reserve game since we played at Millmoor, where there'd at least be some spectators and a backdrop of an actual football ground. I'd probably go to a few reserve matches if they were at NYS on a wednesday night. I can't imagine going to the training ground on a Tuesday morning or whatever. I remember when we used to play Liverpool and Manchester United reserves at millmoor and the crowds for those games weren't far off what we got for league games at the time. Around 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Manny had a decent game gwru, tired towards the end of the game. Considering he's not had much game time he did well alongside Semi Ajayi.
    Josh Emmanuel played the full 90mins if he's come through with no further injuries then he ought to start Saturday & move Will Vaulks back into midfield. Difficult decision who to leave out though.
    Standout player was Mason Warren, took his goal well, good option for the bench as back-up for Ben Purrington or left side midfield, a decent prospect for the future.
    Special mention for Ben Wiles, looks very comfortable in central midfield.
    Alex Bray played on the left, good turn of pace but can get knocked off the ball easily.
    He ought to come to my gaffe for some Yorks puds, Steak & a few pints of Guinness.
    No way would Emmanuel play in place of Vaulks. Vaulks has something out him. Emmanuel has to learn how to pass & cross a ball 1st.

Newell will have to play left wing this sat' coming then.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    No way would Emmanuel play in place of Vaulks. Vaulks has something out him. Emmanuel has to learn how to pass & cross a ball 1st.

Vaulks will have to learn how to defend like a full back first.

And why will Newell HAVE to play left wing?

[QUOTE=Masbroughstreet;38658248]Vaulks will have to learn how to defend like a full back first.

And why will Newell HAVE to play left wing?[/QUOTE

Vaulks if he had a winger who could track back you might change your mind. But I'm wasting my time with you & most on here. Newell cause he's the only natural left sided winger with have.

Your mind is made up about Vaulks though no matter how he plays, he could play awful at right back and still you'd say he was the best at the club. If Emmanuel ended up playing like Cafu you'd still say he was terrible and that you'd send him back, because you've got it in for him, same with Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post

gwru, if Will Vaulks is the best RB at the club & Paul Warne thinks he can turn him from a midfielder into a defender why did we bring 2 recognised full backs to the club.
    Warne may as well have played Will at full-back from the start of the season & only signed 1 RB.

My guess is Williams ( if fit ) will be starting left side on Saturday.
    Be interesting to see if Manny & Ajayi are on the bench v Oldham.

Vaulks doesn't want to play RB but is happy to cover until the others are fit enough to get their place back, Cummings won't be ready this weekend,Emmanuel has a chance so could see Vaulks there again.

Won't be surprised if Ajayi starts this weekend over Wood

Vaulks & Purrington will be the full backs this sat'. Oldham game isn't the problem it's Blackburn away next game. I haven't got a problem with Vaulks at Right back. Centre backs pairings all season haven't worked. Manny & Ihiewke give it a try in on paper not a hard home game. Williams on the left? Sooner give Newell another chance with Taylor on the Right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12