+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: League Match 6: St Mirren v Queen of the South (2nd v 5th)

I've listened to Naysmith and Dobbie and essentially they're saying the same thing.

The lack of a good goalkeeper is critical and that first goal yesterday could and should have been avoided; not only that but there were 2 or 3 occasions when Martin flapped at the ball and did not banish nerves in defence.

St. Mirren's 2nd goal was excellent and could not be put down to the keeper, and neither could the third, - although Brownlie could have got rid of the ball earlier and Rankine should have closed Morgan down.

Naysmith is right to say that defensive errors can be minimised and he should be able to correct that with the personnel at his disposal, - but I honestly feel an emergency loan is required to bring in a keeper while Martin returns to full fitness.....whatever that my be!

Queens are not going to set the heather on fire until they have a goalkeeper who exudes confidence throughout the squad, - and it is a shame, because we have a pretty good attacking line up who can cause problems for any team. Sadly, Dobbie, Lyle and Kane could run their hearts out every week but until that goal-keeping situation is sorted out, they will be running in vein.

Perhaps Naysmith needs to put his hands up (if only to himself) and admit that he has a major problem with the goal-keeping position, (not helped by his relationship with Robinson) and get that post filled toute de suite!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    There are two major concerns with Queens;

1) -We need a new goalkeeper urgently brought in who is fit, capable of catching a ball and able to read a game, - basically anyone other than Martin and Leighfield.

2) A proper right back who doesn't leave the team exposed.
    Agree wholeheartledly Jardi and also surely Dykes has had enough chances to shine - he contributed absolutely nowt to the cause yesterday while Stirling - a Naysmith signing - on the bench must wonder why the Aussie gets a game !

One thing you can credit nayidea with is that he's doing it his way.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    We are now witnessing some barmy decisions by Naysmith. He started to overthink as far as the opposition is concerned rather than concentrate on our strengths . He is determined to play three centre halves in our starting eleven and it's affecting the balance of the team. Naysmith obviously likes Kerr, Fordyce and Brownlie and doesnt want to leave any of them out . Sorry Gary , this is not working , never will and you are pissing off players that can play right back. . Goodness know why him or his assistant can't see this . I don't mind so much when we deserve to get beat in a " fair enough as long as we tried our best " sort of way but can't stand making selection and tactical errors on our own behalf that make no sense, handicapping us from the start.
    Agree with this wholeheartedly.I am sick to death of hearing about how good the opposition are going to be and that " It will be a difficult game"etc.Forget about the opposition ...play your best team available and go out to win,home or away.Simple!!

Believe me , it gives me no pleasure to criticise a Qos boss but frustration is eating away at me at the moment . None of the teams in this league deserve the almost European competition style scrutiny that Naysmith is giving them. We play our best attacking line up , you play yours and the best team wins . It's as simple as that . We had a chance of picking up a few extra fans because of our decent start so WTF is Naysmith playing at ? Stop trying to be too clever Gary and get on with the task of winning and entertaining . For our sake and your future managerial career ( wherever that may be ) that is .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Believe me , it gives me no pleasure to criticise a Qos boss but frustration is eating away at me at the moment . None of the teams in this league deserve the almost European competition style scrutiny that Naysmith is giving them. We play our best attacking line up , you play yours and the best team wins . It's as simple as that . We had a chance of picking up a few extra fans because of our decent start so WTF is Naysmith playing at ? Stop trying to be too clever Gary and get on with the task of winning and entertaining . For our sake and your future managerial career ( wherever that may be ) that is .
    I completely agree JR in that we should taking the more simple straight forward approach to these games. Play the best team we have with players in the slotted into their conventional positions where they are comfortable rather than setting up to try and negate the opposition by playing guys out of position upsetting the teams rhythm. Settle with the standard defensive line up and midfield as the forwards can look after themselves. A settled team is generally a successful team and constant tinkering simply causes confusion hindering the performance. Stick with what is best and only change when and if necessary.

Agree with Spike and JR, - stop making it difficult for yourself and play your best team.....its not that complicated.

However, we the fans have all pointed out that there is a major weakness in goal, - could you please do something about it?

An emergency loan would be the simplest way of resolving that.

If you'd like us to spell that out that's: A. N. - E. M. E. R. G . E . N. C. Y. - L. O. A. N. - it's legal and can be done outwith the transfer window.

Sorry to be a smart ass, - but sometimes in life people need things clarified before they keep making the same mistakes over and over again, - and I can only see utter chaos in goal if we stick with the keepers we have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)