+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukaku chant

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I don't take that point about kids. I was on the terraces throughout the 70s/80s as a child and it didn't turn me into a banana throwing scab chanter.
    Kids are nurtured by their parents and overall environment.
    Not by football chants.
    Fair point i suppose Scum, though i can't remember chants about the size of player's one eyed bed snakes, can you? You're correct about the parenting 100%

It's daft really. I remember our fans singing a song about Kayode Odejayi that if Kick It Out had heard they would be going ballistic.

I think some folk just live to be "outraged" abart one thing or another.UTCB

I don't take that point about kids. I was on the terraces throughout the 70s/80s as a child and it didn't turn me into a banana throwing scab chanter.
    Kids are nurtured by their parents and overall environment.
    Not by football chants.
    No but it did turn you into a ginger beard ,Stella drinking **** .........who I must admit I like 😆😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    No but it did turn you into a ginger beard ,Stella drinking **** .........who I must admit I like ��������

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    No but it did turn you into a ginger beard ,Stella drinking **** .........who I must admit I like 😆😆😆😆
    Xx

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    You know him then 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Well, no it isn't really is it, in this instance it's a bit ott granted, and i wouldn't call it racist at all, but the kick it out campaign is a just and needed one, particularly in this day and age... surely.

No sorry I don't think it is, it's just well paid jobs for unelected "moral guardians"

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No sorry I don't think it is, it's just well paid jobs for unelected "moral guardians"
    Moral guardians...nice tag, what the kick it out canpaign has certainly done is highlight racism massively, and i applaud them for it, just a shame it's not policed much better in terms of taking offenders out of grounds at the first whiff of it...we all know racism is still rife, just been shoved below the surface, there's nothing the kick it out campaign can do about small minded buffoons though, is there?

Manchester United: Romelu Lukaku chant is 'racist' - Kick It Out
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495

Kick It Out are calling for the chant to be banned and call it racist.

The chant is funny, refers to him being a football genius and having a huge cock.

Struggling to understand why this chant is offensive but when Man Utd fans sang about JS Park eating dogs or scousers living in council houses there was no out cry then.

Yes it's a stereotype. That's the nature of terrace songs. No it's not offensive.
    Suppose the Jason Lee "He's got a pineapple on his head" chant would be deemed as racist now according to kick it out.

That's one for the older members btw lol.

Totally ridiculous really!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast