+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukaku chant

It is a fine line and I have difficulty seeing it as a truly racist chant. However, I think on balance it should it should stop. I suspect if you asked a cross section of black players if it was offensive because of the racial overtones, the majority would say yes. It would be helpful to know if this was actually done. I see that ManU are taking advice on this as well.

The point is surely that we would prefer not to have racism and offensive behavior at sports events. It will of course be difficult to prevent it, given the nature of the beast, but without national bodies like Kick It Out (who are funded by the FA, PFA and the EFL and do not operate in an autonomous bubble, by the way) it would be less well contained.

There is an amazing amount of clever wit in football chants without the need to allow it to stray into areas that are likely to be offensive to particular groups.

I'd be surprised if the chant is 'regarded as racist for criminal purposes' as per the BBC article.

Racial aggravation is defined by section 28 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (or so wiki tells me) and requires, in terms, a demonstration of hostility based upon a person's membership (or presumed membership) of a racial group. That certainly doesn’t appear to be the case here.

This "kick out" organisation.....it's all very Stasi East Germany to me. I noticed at NYS there was an advert for an app which you can download to your phone so you can grass on other supporters, making racist remarks.

Why not use the money to pay for more policeman?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    This "kick out" organisation.....it's all very Stasi East Germany to me. I noticed at NYS there was an advert for an app which you can download to your phone so you can grass on other supporters, making racist remarks.

Eh?, like this is a gov't organisation, tell the gov't about extra police officers, they've cut numbers by 21000, remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

I hear that app came loaded with at a Trojan virus in addition to other "legal" spyware.

Don't know for certain because I wouldn't have such trash on my phone but I believe it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I hear that app came loaded with at a Trojan virus in addition to other "legal" spyware.

Don't know for certain because I wouldn't have such trash on my phone but I believe it to be true.
    Ah, the old 'hearsay' ruse, also you 'believe' it to be true...

I believe it to be true that the moon isn't really made of green cheese but I haven't been there to check.

For the record it was a very reliable trustworthy person that told me, but hey I can tell you will never be open to persuasion.

So let's leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I believe it to be true that the moon isn't really made of green cheese but I haven't been there to check.

For the record it was a very reliable trustworthy person that told me, but hey I can tell you will never be open to persuasion.

So let's leave it there.
    In the words of Corbyn, Como siempre es el caso al debatir con usted.

Heard an interview with Mel Brooks today - Jewish, leftie-liberal - where he said that political correctness was killing comedy and that he would not be able to make several of his films today including Blazing Saddles. This is the Brave New World of MMM, Brassgnat and Kick It Out.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Heard an interview with Mel Brooks today - Jewish, leftie-liberal - where he said that political correctness was killing comedy and that he would not be able to make several of his films today including Blazing Saddles. This is the Brave New World of MMM, Brassgnat and Kick It Out.
    Have a look at my avatar tulip, and then come back at me about Mel Brooks and his comedy.....another bullet in your own foot there me thinks....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast