+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukaku chant

Lukaku chant

Manchester United: Romelu Lukaku chant is 'racist' - Kick It Out
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495

Kick It Out are calling for the chant to be banned and call it racist.

The chant is funny, refers to him being a football genius and having a huge cock.

Struggling to understand why this chant is offensive but when Man Utd fans sang about JS Park eating dogs or scousers living in council houses there was no out cry then.

Yes it's a stereotype. That's the nature of terrace songs. No it's not offensive.

I wish someone would sing about the size of my mine I'd be joining in. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I wish someone would sing about the size of my mine I'd be joining in. ��
    Perhaps one of Tiny Tim's hits?

You've heard then ?

I agree Yak, just a funny chant, and you know what's gunna happen now it's been publicised? it'll get bigger and bigger (pardon the pun )

What i would say though is that if you were at the game with small kids then this could be problematic, don't you think?

The only kicking out we need is to kick out the kick it out organisation itself.

Google them and try to find out how they make decisions and more importantly who it is in their employees that is making those decisions.

Can you ever remember being asked if this organisation is needed, or whether they carry a mandate on your behalf or how many employees they have or how their controlling board is chosen?

In effect they are a mystery but one thing is clear if it was "kicked out" they would all be out of a very well paid jobs. So to justify their highly dubious existence they need something to complain about every so often, the Lukaku issue is just an example of that.

Time to kick out kick it out.

I think it's a fine line between banter and inappropriate stuff.
    Trouble is you will never stop it it's just the part of the culture of football terrace chants.
    I don't agree it's racist though some people are just looking to be offended.
    I've heard a lot worse tbh.
    Take your point about young uns hearing it though.

It's generation snowflake, if I can risk saying that without being branded racist considering snow is white

I don't take that point about kids. I was on the terraces throughout the 70s/80s as a child and it didn't turn me into a banana throwing scab chanter.
    Kids are nurtured by their parents and overall environment.
    Not by football chants.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's generation snowflake, if I can risk saying that without being branded racist considering snow is white
    Well, no it isn't really is it, in this instance it's a bit ott granted, and i wouldn't call it racist at all, but the kick it out campaign is a just and needed one, particularly in this day and age... surely.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast