+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLADES are named Club Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well, if the guy is using us as a metaphor for the disasters of Brexit, he's missed the point. We're having the most success we've seen in years.

As for Spain, it has a long history of separatism, and the persecution of Islam, Christians and Jews alike, (...'not the Spanish Inquisition'...) and was ruled for much of last century by a fascist dictator. Its tough to go on about how horrible other countries are when a good proportion of your own people like nothing better to see a bull tortured to death as a public spectacle.

He looks like a young man, (didn't see his name...was it Juan Kerr..?) who probably hasn't thought it through properly. I advise 'keep thi fecking sneck aht!'
    Oh dear, my life in Spain is nothing like you describe above. I find the people, in general now, to be kind, patient with other nationalities and above all friendly. So, I guess that my Spanish neighbour would respond by saying this, " tranquila, toma una cerveza or tres y recorda que, su equipo es el más mejor en el mundo". Calm down, have a beer or three and remember that your team is the best in the world. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Benitachell View Post
    Oh dear, my life in Spain is nothing like you describe above. I find the people, in general now, to be kind, patient with other nationalities and above all friendly. So, I guess that my Spanish neighbour would respond by saying this, " tranquila, toma una cerveza or tres y recorda que, su equipo es el más mejor en el mundo". Calm down, have a beer or three and remember that your team is the best in the world. UTB
    Thats my experience too Beni and of most people of most nationalities I've met. But the writer is using ignorant generalisations of Saudi tagged on to a particularly poor piece of thinking about our player selection to make his point. I do likewise to show his ridiculous position.

Well, if the guy is using us as a metaphor for the disasters of Brexit, he's missed the point. We're having the most success we've seen in years.

As for Spain, it has a long history of separatism, and the persecution of Islam, Christians and Jews alike, (...'not the Spanish Inquisition'...) and was ruled for much of last century by a fascist dictator. Its tough to go on about how horrible other countries are when a good proportion of your own people like nothing better to see a bull tortured to death as a public spectacle.

He looks like a young man, (didn't see his name...was it Juan Kerr..?) who probably hasn't thought it through properly. I advise 'keep thi fecking sneck aht!'
    Juan Kerr ............ ..........wunderbar!

You are missing the point - they are calling us the Brexit Club because the Prince is going to give us £350 million per week

I would go for "no es su asunto" "it's not your business"

BTW
    Juan Carlos Pérez López , known as Juankar, plays for Málaga

Quote Originally Posted by biri View Post
    I would go for "no es su asunto" "it's not your business"

BTW
    Juan Carlos Pérez López , known as Juankar, plays for Málaga

Biri,
    I might be wrong but I don't think it will translate to English in the way we expect it to. What I think you have written using the word asunto, would be understood as you don't own that business. I am not perfect in Spanish as you will see if you look above and notice that I have not conjugated the word recordar correctly, as I should have written recuerdas. Anyway it keeps my old brain ticking over in between sunbathing or reading about the Blades.

We'll not even mention the mass looting of South American Aztec, Inca & Mayan gold by Spanish conquistadors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12