+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Bumble

O/T Bumble

Watching the cricket from Old Trafford and Bumble ( David Lloyd ) says to a bloke with one of those earpieces in " tell George the Greek Bumble sent you " when asking him where he is going tonight . Made me wonder how it would have been seen if had said tell Abdul the Pakistani Bumble sent you !
    Last edited by navypie; 19-09-2017 at 06:28 PM.

If Abdul's nickname was "Abdul the Pakistani" probably about the same but seeing as "The Greek" is a fairly common nickname and I don't think "The Pakistani" is it would be slightly odd to hear it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If Abdul's nickname was "Abdul the Pakistani" probably about the same but seeing as "The Greek" is a fairly common nickname and I don't think "The Pakistani" is it would be slightly odd to hear it for the first time.
    ok , at least I know now.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ok , at least I know now.
    But it would never be Abdul The Pakistani would it! Nobody is allowed to say Pakistani.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    But it would never be Abdul The Pakistani would it! Nobody is allowed to say Pakistani.
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ...."This is the fence...Nick the P**i"?.....no, won't work...nor "My Big Fat P**i Wedding"

Inserting Greek has a certain ring of humour, whereas inserting the Asian alternative implies a quick tutorial on Advanced Chemistry or underage grooming!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ...."This is the fence...Nick the P**i"?.....no, won't work...nor "My Big Fat P**i Wedding"

Inserting Greek has a certain ring of humour, whereas inserting the Asian alternative implies a quick tutorial on Advanced Chemistry or underage grooming!
    And there you've encapsulated both the problem and its provenance Tarkers, so I guess that's the end of this thread