+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calvin Harris Stadium, Dumfries.................

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Or perhaps a day short of a long weekend !
    LoL

It won't do any harm for any people that know Adam well, - to suggest to him about doing a gig and rebranding the stadium.

Within the new stand there could be a stand-alone Calvin Harris experience as a unique visitor centre, perhaps complete with a 3D or IMAX screen allowing people to feel as though were at his concerts?

That would bring people to Dumfries and would be a great way of giving something (that no-one else can) to his home town.

Let's be honest, Adam could create an amazing visitor experience in Las Vegas, New York or LA, - but wouldn't it be great to have it here in Dumfries, - where it would hold so much more kudos?

It would be incredible to see report cards (which might say) "Adam will achieve nothing in this world if he does not work harder" or perhaps in music, "Adam appears to be disinterested in the subject"

Too many famous people create hotels and the like far away from their home towns, in cities which don't need any more riches, - where something as simple as a decent Calvin Harris visitor centre could turn the economy of Dumfries literally on hits head.
    Last edited by jardi; 21-09-2017 at 08:50 AM.

I wonder if anyone locally is still in touch with Calvin/Adam? Perhaps we can pester his family that still reside in the area and ask them to inform him of our ideas. I know jardi has contacted Rabbie Burns himself, but husnie had Reply yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I wonder if anyone locally is still in touch with Calvin/Adam? Perhaps we can pester his family that still reside in the area and ask them to inform him of our ideas. I know jardi has contacted Rabbie Burns himself, but husnie had Reply yet!

His parents no longer live in Dumfries but his best mate does and runs the Queen of the South Bar . He’s also a Queens fan

Truthhurts, - Rabbie Burns did offer a reply which was; "An forward tho' I canna see, .....I guess an' fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if local hero Calvin Harris (Adam Wiles) were to invest some of his £70,000,000 personal fortune into his home town team in Dumfries. I know he owes nothing to Queens and is not even a football fan, but he is a home born Doonhamer and one of us.

I'm sure he mentions his Scottishness to his American colleagues and is proud of his past heritage. Perhaps if we all write to him asking him to consider helping with funding, he might donate to help build Queens new grandstand. I know he owes us nothing, but sometimes if an idea is planted the fruit sometimes grow.

How about a concert being held at Palmerston to raise the funds needed for the new stand? I'm sure he would do that for free. Has anyone who knows him ever put this question to him in the past?

The Calvin Harris Stadium would be a fine outcome!
    A good idea which he might consider but would not like to see an Elton John scenario and neither would Adam...

why bother looking locally for a millionare to bankroll us to where we need to be ,hardly any club through out the uk have a local or born in area millionare running them ,very rare ,most clubs get taken over by rich arubs or russians these days ,more chance of landing one of those than someone who was born in dumfries lol .

If only Bill Drummond hudny burnt thon £1,000,000��

KLF. I've got Drummond's book that is rather strange....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)