+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nolan signs new 3 year contract

Nolan signs new 3 year contract

Notts County manager Kevin Nolan has signed a new three-year contract with the club.

Nolan arrived at Meadow Lane in January alongside chairman and owner Alan Hardy and the pair have since led a remarkable upturn in the club's fortunes.

The Magpies comfortably retained their EFL status last season and have begun the 2017-18 campaign in sensational style, winning their last four matches without conceding to sit second in the Sky Bet League Two table.

Great news. Let's hope we've finally arrived at a period of stability and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Notts County manager Kevin Nolan has signed a new three-year contract with the club.

Nolan arrived at Meadow Lane in January alongside chairman and owner Alan Hardy and the pair have since led a remarkable upturn in the club's fortunes.

The Magpies comfortably retained their EFL status last season and have begun the 2017-18 campaign in sensational style, winning their last four matches without conceding to sit second in the Sky Bet League Two table.
    Great news....now let's hope that we continue our run of form and get out of this division....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Great news....now let's hope that we continue our run of form and get out of this division....COYP
    Hear Hear Sir....but can I just add this bloody awful division

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post

Its great news indeed and totally happy about this.... but as we all know contracts are worthless in today's world so lets hope there is a nice buy out clause just incase... but in saying that KN seems a decent bloke who is genuinely interested in Notts future so can only be a good thing.

AH has said he has a gentlemans agreement with KN if a big club come in. Not sure what that means .. compensation but no block I can only assume.

This is brilliant news. I suppose that one day KN will leave us for a much bigger club and the gentlemen's agreement acknowledges the inevitability of this. However, signing a three year contract seems to show commitment to Notts at least for the medium term and hopefully he can get us a promotion or two before he goes.

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Great news.
    Good news indeed. Short vid of this afto's presser.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...n-nolan-507605

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    AH has said he has a gentlemans agreement with KN if a big club come in. Not sure what that means .. compensation but no block I can only assume.
    I think we all know that if a manager does well with us then they will at some point move onto bigger and better things. We are after all a league two club. Even in our current excellent position of 2nd in the league there are 69 clubs higher than us in the entire football league. However I would sooner this be the case than us getting managers on their way down or having failed elsewhere and keep sacking managers every season.

It's just the same with a young up and coming Manager as it is a player. Some at the first
    sniff of the big time are off like a shot. Others are prepared to grow with the clubs they are at and rise with the club.

I'd like to think that as KN has a seasons worth of managerial experience (see my KN completed thread regarding stats) then the next three years gives him an apprenticeship and the space and security to learn his managerial trade at Notts. Likewise it gives the club stability that we much crave providing he continues how he has done with both ourselves and Leyton Orient.

I always wanted us to find our own Eddie Howe. I hope we have found him, but should we achieve a promotion in those three years under Nolan and we do well in League One that's when other bigger clubs will take notice and come knocking such as what happened with Big Sam when he went to Bolton all those years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast