+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip jake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rip jake

Jake LaMotta has died aged 95,Owd Ragin Bull.RIP Fella.UTCB

Wow, was thinking no one had died recently.
    One of a breed of boxers in that era, Tony Zale, Tony Galento, Rocky Graziano. Great fights against Sugar Ray, Fritzie Zivic, Marcel Cerdan. You can see some of them on YouTube. Unless they were unconcious and their heads had come off, the referee's never stopped the bouts.

God bless Jake. The film Raging Bull is a classic. It made De Into and the black and white screen play stood the film out from the rest.
    I remember another film about Graziano. "Somebody up there likes me".
    A fantastic fascinating era for boxing. Smoke filled arenas with Sugar Ray Robinson. Marciano. The Hurricane. Cinderella man. Randy Turpin. Must have been great days. Wondering if we could compare these guys with today's. ??. Kell. Khan. Golovkin.?

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    God bless Jake. The film Raging Bull is a classic. It made De Into and the black and white screen play stood the film out from the rest.
    I remember another film about Graziano. "Somebody up there likes me".
    A fantastic fascinating era for boxing. Smoke filled arenas with Sugar Ray Robinson. Marciano. The Hurricane. Cinderella man. Randy Turpin. Must have been great days. Wondering if we could compare these guys with today's. ??. Kell. Khan. Golovkin.?
    De Niro was fantastic in Raging Bull but he had already "made it" THE GODFATHER TRILOGY,especially the first 2 are the greatest films i've ever seen,that said RAGING BULL is a magnificent film.That era of boxing was certainly more interestin than it is now in my view.Didn't Paul Newman star in the film Somebody up there likes me? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    De Niro was fantastic in Raging Bull but he had already "made it" THE GODFATHER TRILOGY,especially the first 2 are the greatest films i've ever seen,that said RAGING BULL is a magnificent film.That era of boxing was certainly more interestin than it is now in my view.Didn't Paul Newman star in the film Somebody up there likes me? UTCB
    Also a screenplay is not the same as a film. #justsayin

Great boxer but Not the nicest man in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Great boxer but Not the nicest man in the world.
    Sounds like how Blockmod describes you Marvin,apart from the gr8 boxer bit. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 21-09-2017 at 10:12 AM.

[QUOTE]Sounds like how Blockmod describes you Marvin,apart from the gr8 boxer bit. So good this post i posted it twice, UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 21-09-2017 at 10:14 AM.

One of if not the toughest boxer’s ever. I loved Raging Bull although I think it suggested him up a bit.

Talking of sugaring, how good was Sugar Ray and how much stick did the Ref allow back then? My second favourite fight to Ali Forman.

Not a patch on Graziano/Tony Zale. Sugar Ray is the best ever pound for pound fighter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast