+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton sign Krull!!

Brighton sign Krull!!

on a permanent one year contract.This means he's eligible to play against us
    How is this possible, with the window well and truly closed???
    Anybody knah?

Not under contract, free agent ?

he was under contract to us, but out on l9an when the window closed, meaning he can't do a freedom of contract move until the window re-opens.

I don't know how this one works

I think and this is based off what other people have said.

We loaned him to Brighton who then registered him to play.

We released him so he became a free agent but Brighton still held his registration.

Brighton then signed him on a one year contract and because they hold his registration and signed him as a free he can play against us.

Does that make any sense?

I just read that, if a loan deal runs to the end of a players contract, the player has the option of changing it immediately to a permanent deal. that also stops us getting a fee for him apart from the loan fee

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think and this is based off what other people have said.

We loaned him to Brighton who then registered him to play.

We released him so he became a free agent but Brighton still held his registration.

Brighton then signed him on a one year contract and because they hold his registration and signed him as a free he can play against us.

Does that make any sense?
    Aye a bit buuttt we didnt release him,he still had a year left on his contract with us.There must be a plausible explanation like,just Ive never heard the likes before.Think this could set a precedent,unless Penfold just fu c ked up the contract and did release him by mistake..Noo that seems plausible...

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I just read that, if a loan deal runs to the end of a players contract, the player has the option of changing it immediately to a permanent deal. that also stops us getting a fee for him apart from the loan fee
    Ah now that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Aye a bit buuttt we didnt release him,he still had a year left on his contract with us.There must be a plausible explanation like,just Ive never heard the likes before.Think this could set a precedent,unless Penfold just fu c ked up the contract and did release him by mistake..Noo that seems plausible...
    see my input above lol oops you have

I assume he has waived all the end of contract bonuses he would've been due off us next year then?

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I assume he has waived all the end of contract bonuses he would've been due off us next year then?
    Must of done.

Can't imagine Ash letting him have those

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)