+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a load of shyte

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Find it strange that you don't see a £6 difference being a problem, yet you bought a concession ticket
    If we had adult and concession split last night the club would have taken in 155000 gate reciepts to be split with Celtic....

If it was a 20/10 gate price and we gave celtic 5000 tickets and we sold 5000 home tixs with the right marketing

The club would have recieved 150 000 gate reciepts....

Not a lot in it

Find it strange that you don't see a £6 difference being a problem, yet you bought a concession ticket
    I think its exspensive. But the option I took is open to everyone but suspect £19 wouldn't have made much difference to the crowd.

I did it because I see no reason why pensioners should get in cheaper. Maybe mentioned it once or twice.

You either want your team to win a cup or it's not that important.

I get that it's not that important to some, that's not a critism it's just reflected in our cup crowds.

For me it's the 2nd biggest trophy my team can win and I want to see it won and how it's won not just turn up at a final have a good day then go home.

Don't think your being fair saying people don't want us to win a cup, people aren't happy with prices for games that are on tv, that is what the board need to address

agree people are sayn £26 to watch what is 99% of the time a foregone conclusion or keep the £26 in the hipper,there are so so many people in oor city who are near the breadline and the board should think about charging that price for a tv game

I get fed up listening to the same people who come on to social media complaining that we aren't signing the right/best players and then complain about the pricing.
    The reality is if you want a team that is going to be competitive on the park (and before you say we aren't competitive, we have a squad that is in the top half of expenses in the league) then you have to maximise the revenue.
    Now from a Business Model standpoint, there is no Business Model in the history of commerce who has ever maximised their revenue and profit by decreasing prices. IT DOES NOT WORK, EVER.
    I know we as supporters would like to see the team win but I would have thought as Dundee supporters, given our history of administration, we would also keep one eye on ensuring the club remains solvent. It is a bit baffling that all those true supporters who during administration were happy to pay the admission fee and throw extra money in a bucket but now complain about £26 for a Cat A game.
    To address the point of why we dropped 3000 on the gate from the United game, I would put that down more to the fact that Dundee supporters are less likely to miss a derby game that we have a bigger chance of winning than a game against Celtic who were unbeaten in domestic football for approx 55 games.
    Lastly I have genuine sympathy for fans who due to tough times cannot afford these prices and I would hope they are able to pick their games and continue to support the club where possible.

Don't think your being fair saying people don't want us to win a cup, people aren't happy with prices for games that are on tv, that is what the board need to address
    I said it's not that important, significant difference.

To me it's everything about supporting dfc.

Have vague very vague memories of it happening once and want to see it again afore I shuffle off.

Other fans prioritise the "social" side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzet View Post
    I get fed up listening to the same people who come on to social media complaining that we aren't signing the right/best players and then complain about the pricing.
    The reality is if you want a team that is going to be competitive on the park (and before you say we aren't competitive, we have a squad that is in the top half of expenses in the league) then you have to maximise the revenue.
    Now from a Business Model standpoint, there is no Business Model in the history of commerce who has ever maximised their revenue and profit by decreasing prices. IT DOES NOT WORK, EVER.
    I know we as supporters would like to see the team win but I would have thought as Dundee supporters, given our history of administration, we would also keep one eye on ensuring the club remains solvent. It is a bit baffling that all those true supporters who during administration were happy to pay the admission fee and throw extra money in a bucket but now complain about £26 for a Cat A game.
    To address the point of why we dropped 3000 on the gate from the United game, I would put that down more to the fact that Dundee supporters are less likely to miss a derby game that we have a bigger chance of winning than a game against Celtic who were unbeaten in domestic football for approx 55 games.
    Lastly I have genuine sympathy for fans who due to tough times cannot afford these prices and I would hope they are able to pick their games and continue to support the club where possible.
    Lots of good points in this post.

Deleted last post can't be bothered getting into the debate.

Em bowing out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzet View Post
    Out of interest why do you think Motherwell are charging a tenner and a fiver tonight for there CAT A game...

Maybe a wee thank you to there long suffering support

It isn't just last night, Cat A against Aberdeen and Hearts last season when they were on tv told there own story, I have season ticket so doesn't affect me, but I support the PATG fans and don't blame them for watching it on tv

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)