+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What a load of shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Verzet View Post
    Here's what I think.
    I can't speak for Motherwell but their decision in economic terms meant (I have no way of knowing the split of concessions/adult tickets) at full adult price their revenue was 6430 x 10 = £64300
    Dundee's revenue was 6917 x 26 = £179,842, nearly three times greater and the majority of this was paid for by the away fans.
    As a businessman it is obvious where the best BUSINESS decision was made. It is my argument that our football club is a business and should be run to the best business standards if we want it to prosper in the future.
    Now I take the point about "a thank you" to the support but this wasn't the game to do it as you would have been subsidising a large amount of Celtic supporters. The time to do it will be when we play a team with a small travelling support and/or a crunch game.
    Said I was bowing out of this thread but bugger it.

The difference in numbers is staggering BUT I do think that the past week or two has caused a bit of I'll feeling between board and fans that will only really show when season tics go on sale again.

Would 5000 or 6000 dees there gave us an extra 5-10% chance of winning.....who knows.

My suggestion a few weeks before game of dress subsidising tics for home end still stacks up imho.

We would have got those 5000 or 6000 in (especially if you listen to everybody who claims they wind have went if cheaper), club would have been in pocket, dfcss would have been in pocket, we would have had better chance of winning (admittedly slim but better), fans happy, board happy, players happy.

I get fed up listening to the same people who come on to social media complaining that we aren't signing the right/best players and then complain about the pricing.
    The reality is if you want a team that is going to be competitive on the park (and before you say we aren't competitive, we have a squad that is in the top half of expenses in the league) then you have to maximise the revenue.
    Now from a Business Model standpoint, there is no Business Model in the history of commerce who has ever maximised their revenue and profit by decreasing prices. IT DOES NOT WORK, EVER.
    I know we as supporters would like to see the team win but I would have thought as Dundee supporters, given our history of administration, we would also keep one eye on ensuring the club remains solvent. It is a bit baffling that all those true supporters who during administration were happy to pay the admission fee and throw extra money in a bucket but now complain about £26 for a Cat A game.
    To address the point of why we dropped 3000 on the gate from the United game, I would put that down more to the fact that Dundee supporters are less likely to miss a derby game that we have a bigger chance of winning than a game against Celtic who were unbeaten in domestic football for approx 55 games.
    Lastly I have genuine sympathy for fans who due to tough times cannot afford these prices and I would hope they are able to pick their games and continue to support the club where possible.
    That comment is simply false Verzet.
    Aldi, Asda,Lidls,Virgin,Stagecoach,Easy Jet,Ryanair,Southeast airlines,Dobbies,Uber etc Every major company that cuts its prices to increase income and capture a market.Their financial success is based on REDUCING prices to gain customers.Your comment "IT DOES NOT EVER WORK" is factually incorrect.
    Last edited by Basher Bloggs; 25-09-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: missed a word

Here's what I think.
    I can't speak for Motherwell but their decision in economic terms meant (I have no way of knowing the split of concessions/adult tickets) at full adult price their revenue was 6430 x 10 = £64300
    Dundee's revenue was 6917 x 26 = £179,842, nearly three times greater and the majority of this was paid for by the away fans.
    As a businessman it is obvious where the best BUSINESS decision was made. It is my argument that our football club is a business and should be run to the best business standards if we want it to prosper in the future.
    Now I take the point about "a thank you" to the support but this wasn't the game to do it as you would have been subsidising a large amount of Celtic supporters. The time to do it will be when we play a team with a small travelling support and/or a crunch game.
    You cant compare cherries with pears or apples with oranges .You can only compare like with like.In this case you can only compare Dundee FC with DundeeFC.
    If Dundee had charged an average price of £26 they would have received 7k x £26 =£182k gate money
    If they had charged an average price of £19 and had a gate of 10K they would have gate money of £190k
    Buts that something that we will never know.Its all ifs and buts.
    But DFC have done a super job making gaps on the terracings chasing away fans and damaging the dens atmosphere, and causing division too.

Fans priced out again on Saturday.What is the fans rep saying about this fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by Basher Bloggs View Post
    Fans priced out again on Saturday.What is the fans rep saying about this fiasco?
    We had a slightly bigger home support than st Johnstone game so more people paid the extra.

Not sure we have a fans rep ( it's a dfcss rep really) anymore.

Good things are happening at Dundee if £2 is gonna stop you going then I'll think you'll find that reversing that increase ain't gonna bring them back.

Cheaper season tics and ALL adults over 21 paying the same would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We had a slightly bigger home support than st Johnstone game so more people paid the extra.

Not sure we have a fans rep ( it's a dfcss rep really) anymore.

Good things are happening at Dundee if £2 is gonna stop you going then I'll think you'll find that reversing that increase ain't gonna bring them back.

Cheaper season tics and ALL adults over 21 paying the same would help.

So you want Dundee FC to be the only club probably in Europe if not the world,to charge OAPs and unfortunate disabled people the same price as healthy adults , Seriously ?
    Do you think Dundee FC will ever take you up on this bizarre campaign of yours and Implement your wishes? No I don't think so either !

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    So you want Dundee FC to be the only club probably in Europe if not the world,to charge OAPs and unfortunate disabled people the same price as healthy adults , Seriously ?
    Do you think Dundee FC will ever take you up on this bizarre campaign of yours and Implement your wishes? No I don't think so either !
    Not that I've mentioned it but no I don't think disabled people should get in at a reduced price.

If they require a carer then carer should get in for free ( as thats an added cost) or token payment but getting in for a reduced price because you are disabled (and disability seems to cover a multitude of things these days) wouldn't be top of my priority list.

Read on Pravda that Bradford don't differentiate between auld adults and adults.

No sure how true it is though, it was on Pravda.

I do think the day is coming when auld adult concessions will end and make football cheaper for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not that I've mentioned it but no I don't think disabled people should get in at a reduced price.

If they require a carer then carer should get in for free ( as thats an added cost) or token payment but getting in for a reduced price because you are disabled (and disability seems to cover a multitude of things these days) wouldn't be top of my priority list.

Read on Pravda that Bradford don't differentiate between auld adults and adults.

No sure how true it is though, it was on Pravda.

I do think the day is coming when auld adult concessions will end and make football cheaper for the majority.
    That's what happens everywhere I think anyway ? Disabled pays full price and carer goes free. Where does a disabled person get in for free or lower price ? Genuinely don't know.

No idea how it works now.

You asked if dfc should charge auld adults and disabled the same as "healthy" adults.

I answered.

So not sure what else to say.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)