+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a load of shyte

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It isn't just last night, Cat A against Aberdeen and Hearts last season when they were on tv told there own story, I have season ticket so doesn't affect me, but I support the PATG fans and don't blame them for watching it on tv

Why not charge 30quid to maximise even more income, its only another 4quid...just price of a pint....

Bottom line is that DFC had the chance to give a little back to there fans but chose not too....

The extra 20 grand they made with inflated prices will go into the bank account, but imo it was a pr disaster as was reflected by the home support

2800 home fans for a home QF and some guys are trying to dress it up as ok beggars belief...

We lost that game before a ball was kicked last night

Agree, a full Dee end jumping could have made a difference, but nothing will change, top of the board not listening, others down to fans reps are just puppets

Realistically, we were out as soon as the draw was made. A lot of folk not prepared to shell out for a foregone conclusion that's also on TV.
    If we had been playing any other of the quarter finalists last night at the same price, I'd bet there would have been a lot more folk prepared to pay it

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Realistically, we were out as soon as the draw was made. A lot of folk not prepared to shell out for a foregone conclusion that's also on TV.
    If we had been playing any other of the quarter finalists last night at the same price, I'd bet there would have been a lot more folk prepared to pay it
    26 quid is tipping point for a lot of folk

Out of interest would you have paid 30 to see say dee v hibs last night

Where do you get £30 from? Would pay at least that if it was a semi-final, would be steep for a quarter final but probably would pay it if we had a realistic chance of winning and reaching the semi.

Where do you get £30 from? Would pay at least that if it was a semi-final, would be steep for a quarter final but probably would pay it if we had a realistic chance of winning and reaching the semi.
    Just curious too see how much you would pay...

Tremendous atmosphere at Motherwell, looked proper cup tie..

There board have to be applauded, now they will reap rewards in semi final financially

Aye but they had a reasonable chance of beating Aberdeen tonight. They have improved this season and looked pretty good. We definitely drew the ****ty straw getting Celtic

Aye but they had a reasonable chance of beating Aberdeen tonight. They have improved this season and looked pretty good. We definitely drew the ****ty straw getting Celtic
    So if we got celtic in semi final

Would you not bother going?

I go all the time because I live in hope and don't spend much on going to the pub or any other hobbies, I prioritise the football over most things in life. I get that not everyone can do that

Here's what I think.
    I can't speak for Motherwell but their decision in economic terms meant (I have no way of knowing the split of concessions/adult tickets) at full adult price their revenue was 6430 x 10 = £64300
    Dundee's revenue was 6917 x 26 = £179,842, nearly three times greater and the majority of this was paid for by the away fans.
    As a businessman it is obvious where the best BUSINESS decision was made. It is my argument that our football club is a business and should be run to the best business standards if we want it to prosper in the future.
    Now I take the point about "a thank you" to the support but this wasn't the game to do it as you would have been subsidising a large amount of Celtic supporters. The time to do it will be when we play a team with a small travelling support and/or a crunch game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)