+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yids

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Let's say Swansea came back in for him do you think we'd match there wage offer ?

Could do

I think he's down the pecking order anyway now. Lost his match sharpness, prolonging any comeback further. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in a swap deal with Mcburnie in January. So he won't be busting a gut if he does return.

Only thing he can do to retrieve his situation is sign a new deal. Otherwise he'll be off.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Never mind shop window mate , keep the bugger here , not many better full backs than Yids and he can play both flanks equally well .

Let's start building a team here now and put all that selling game behind us .
    Agreed, but you can only do that with players that want to play for us. I got the impression Yids wanted to move to a bigger stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Could do

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Maybe

Unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Agreed, but you can only do that with players that want to play for us. I got the impression Yids wanted to move to a bigger stage.

Exactly Goaty, I think Yids really scored an own-goal with us with the way he acted and quite rightly hes been put down the pecking order now. He will be desperate to leave in Jan so just how much effort should we make with him in the meantime ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Exactly Goaty, I think Yids really scored an own-goal with us with the way he acted and quite rightly hes been put down the pecking order now. He will be desperate to leave in Jan so just how much effort should we make with him in the meantime ?.
    Depends on whether you want Matty Pearson at left back still finding his feet or one of the best full backs in the division instead .

Start showing some ambition by keeping our better players , stick a championship contract under his nose and see how desperate he wants to leave then .

How far should our so called ambition go though Animal, I reckon we offered 'Yids' more than what he deserved anyway. That didn't strike me as unambitious.
    And remember he'd only been with us for 1 season after leaving Barnet, and I think he simply got greedy and stabbed us in the back as a club and as a set of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    How far should our so called ambition go though Animal, I reckon we offered 'Yids' more than what he deserved anyway. That didn't strike me as unambitious.
    And remember he'd only been with us for 1 season after leaving Barnet, and I think he simply got greedy and stabbed us in the back as a club and as a set of fans.
    How more deserving of a good contract do you need to be as a top championship full back and PL clubs want to sign you ?

No wondered he's unsettled , he's seen the club sell all it's top talent inside 6 months and he and Davies are the last men standing .

He wants to be paid his true worth , the same as we all do , nowt greedy about that .

He hasn't stabbed me in the back , I don't blame the kid for wanting away .

He saw what some other players had earned here after leaving us Animal, and he got greedy and wanted the same sort of money (whether he deserved it or not)!!.
    And more importantly he stabbed us in the back by forcing that interview, either with or without his also greedy agent, and he showed absolutely no respect to us as a club when he did that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast