+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard to come back from cheating....and other thoughts...

Hard to come back from cheating....and other thoughts...

Never a penalty. I’d be embarrassed if I was Scott Sinclair. No, ashamed, but such is the modern footballer, cheating is the name of the game! If that was a Dundee player I’d also be ashamed. (Deacon against Hibs?) Beaton is a dreadfully bad referee, that said, we never offered enough, but that score flattered Celtic. Dens (or a new stadium) will never sell out when we insist on charging such high prices for a game on TV!

Have to say, I thought it was a pen, even after seeing it ump**** times, soft maybe, but I'd be looking for one at the other end.

Chris Sutton

I like his no holds bar attitude to commentary, but I don't get his constant shout for red cards, it's a mans game, and he was one of the most fiscal players around in his day

This should be a separate post, don't know what happened

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Have to say, I thought it was a pen, even after seeing it ump**** times, soft maybe, but I'd be looking for one at the other end.
    Penalty for me, contact made and Sinclair made the most of it. I'd hope our players would do the same and would also be looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Penalty for me, contact made and Sinclair made the most of it. I'd hope our players would do the same and would also be looking for it.
    Yeah,but we wouldn't have got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey73 View Post
    Never a penalty. I’d be embarrassed if I was Scott Sinclair. No, ashamed, but such is the modern footballer, cheating is the name of the game! If that was a Dundee player I’d also be ashamed. (Deacon against Hibs?) Beaton is a dreadfully bad referee, that said, we never offered enough, but that score flattered Celtic. Dens (or a new stadium) will never sell out when we insist on charging such high prices for a game on TV!
    Only problem re the TV is that unlike the Scottish Cup there is no major windfall of cash (£82,500 to each club). I fully agree that on such occasions the price should be well reduced. In this Betfred Cup the TV money is mostly pooled amongst all the clubs into prize money from the early stages and the actual the actual sum received is much less ? £25,000 or so. With games against Celtic and their usual anti social behavior the police costs are astronomical (the horses don't come cheap etc.) so there is not the scope to reduce the prices as much as per earlier games. In saying that the prices were a bit high but there is no easy answer to this. Halving the prices would not have doubled the crowd, fact!!

I think £20 and £10 would have doubled home support, my opinion but we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I think £20 and £10 would have doubled home support, my opinion but we'll never know
    Everybody could have got in for £19 and I don't think club would have done much about it.

£20 would have put another 1000 on the gate.

Celtic isn't an attractive fixture anymore.

£20 against rangers and we would have put 2000 on the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Everybody could have got in for £19 and I don't think club would have done much about it.

£20 would have put another 1000 on the gate.

Celtic isn't an attractive fixture anymore.

£20 against rangers and we would have put 2000 on the gate.

Lot of our fans simply don't want to go to games against either of the ****s
    I'll no be surprised if like last year meh SC wont take a bus tae Sellick in a few weeks fae now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)