+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tottenham 1-0 Barnsley

Tottenham 1-0 Barnsley

Match Review - External Link

Ok it wasn't the absolute thrashing was it, which could have happened admittedly when I saw what changes Hecky had made to the squad. In the previous round Derby dismissed their loss to us and said who cares eh, we/Barnsley will get thrashed by Tottenham at Wembley anyway.
    By the sounds of it we were dominated when it came to possession and shots at goal and shots on target etc. But lets not forget we had the first genuine shot at goal early in the 2nd half when Ugbo had a big chance and he missed it yet again!, and had that gone in.. then who knows eh.
    They are a quality Premship team and by all accounts their fans are disgusted that they only managed to beat us 1-0, so can we as a club take this as a moral victory of some sorts ?. Well no I can't to be honest and if Hecky hadn't been ridiculous once again and decided to go 1 up front again, and with Ugbo this time!!, I reckon we had a genuine chance there of a real cup upset and who knows if or when we will goto Wembley again.

this 1 up front really does not work

Ugbo couldn't finish a fish supper.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    this 1 up front really does not work. Ugbo couldn't finish a fish supper.
    Exactly YB, and my early fears about Ugbo not being good enough are definitely true at the moment. 1 up front doesn't do anybody any favours and Im rapidly losing patience with Hecky for insisting on it.

Chas n Dave gorrrcha