+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Debate

The league cup has always been second fiddle to the FA cup. For starters it's a relative newcomer, only started in 60-61; has had numerous name changes as sponsors have changed which hasn't helped it achieve any status; and it lacks the potential for non-league giant-killing that makes the FA Cup so magical.

That said, the EFL does have its plus points: no replays to clog up fixture lists, semi-finals played over two legs at each participants home ground (shame on the FA for moving FA Cup semis to Wembley), and perhaps most importantly, the winners qualify for the EUFA Cup.

I've no problem at all with the big boys or any other clubs for that matter playing youth/fringe players in the EFL. That's their choice and its why clubs have squads. Its not something I like to see in the FA Cup, but thats probably just me being nostalgic. Agree with Redsarebest, it's the manager's call and if it goes pear-shaped, then the fans know who to blame (if they're interested). Personally I'd be chuffed to bits if we had a good EFL cup run. Wouldn't bother me if it was a different set of faces to the regular starting eleven, it's still The Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Yet another attempt by foreigners to devalue everything we have good in this country. It was when foreign managers arrived in this who started this trend.
    I welcome all things foreign, foreign investors buying our clubs to make a buck, foreign managers introducing new skills and methods which has transformed the England team, foreign players chasing the wages and restricting the development of our lads. Am telling thi nar day will come when some Chinese money man teks ovva Barnsley, daft as it sarnds.

Disrespecting the FA Cup began when Man Utd's American owners pulled 'em arta FA Cup to mek money in an overseas tournament. It'll
    be Barnsley next to laik in China am telling thi.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I welcome all things foreign, foreign investors buying our clubs to make a buck, foreign managers introducing new skills and methods which has transformed the England team, foreign players chasing the wages and restricting the development of our lads. Am telling thi nar day will come when some Chinese money man teks ovva Barnsley, daft as it sarnds.

Disrespecting the FA Cup began when Man Utd's American owners pulled 'em arta FA Cup to mek money in an overseas tournament. It'll

Disrespecting the FA Cup began when Man Utd's American owners pulled 'em arta FA Cup to mek money in an overseas tournament

It was done with the FA's blessing, nay behest

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Ha ha ha

Going a bit far now Jules
    just be content with C5 Football show
    Anything for publicity

Is that a tit top reyt ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Going a bit far now Jules
    just be content with C5 Football show
    Anything for publicity

Sorry mate.. I can't make it out.. am I being a bit thick?

Can see it now.... watch this space
    People will be drawing my Avatar all over soon.. ##Julestools LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jules88 View Post
    can see it now.... Watch this space
    people will be drawing my avatar all over soon.. ##julestools lol

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I agree , should be able to play whoever they want within reason
    I also agree Esr, but what does within reason mean.
    Theres nothing wrong with playing totally weak teams in the cup as far as the rules go. But morally, and for fans who pay good money to travel and watch their team, it absolutely sucks and I think the rules should be changed accordingly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast