+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominating the Wolves

The long goodbye continues....22 days and counting...spanning 2 forums

Good luck Bob, I hope you love your new home, is it the oatcake by any chance?

If, so the language can get a bit x rated, and they may need a verse or 2 from your Bible to tame them

Maybe one day you can visit the Team you "support " from your computer's illegal feed

It's going to take them a hell of a long time to overtake us on league wins, cup wins and years in the top flight, it certainly won't be in our lifetimes, nothing close about it.
    So yeah, we are superior.
    Better get them 1950's photos out again boys.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I was at that game as well, In fact a couple of years ago I posted on both boards to see if anyone could remember it. Got no reply so I began to think I had dreamed it. In my memory it was abandoned mid way through the first half but there you go. I do remember I was standing behind the Baggies goal and the snow was pouring towards your keeper horizontally, poor sod couldn't see a thing.

Thanks for the memory anyway.
    My dad went to the game with his Wolves supporting workmate, Woody. Wolves were 3-0 up and there was a blizzard and the game was called off. My dad took the mick out of his mate in the pub.
    It was the re arranged game that Wolves beat us 7-0.
    The goalkeeper that night was the recently deceased Tony Millington. He was dropped after that and his next game was against Wolves reserves, and he let in another seven or eight. Strangely we never saw a lot of him after that.
    The previous seasons fixture at Molineux saw us win 1-5.
    Such are the nature of local derbies.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    My dad went to the game with his Wolves supporting workmate, Woody. Wolves were 3-0 up and there was a blizzard and the game was called off. My dad took the mick out of his mate in the pub.
    It was the re arranged game that Wolves beat us 7-0.
    The goalkeeper that night was the recently deceased Tony Millington. He was dropped after that and his next game was against Wolves reserves, and he let in another seven or eight. Strangely we never saw a lot of him after that.
    The previous seasons fixture at Molineux saw us win 1-5.
    Such are the nature of local derbies.
    Yes, I thought it was 3-0 and I think it was three early goals as well. It was obvious that with the snow flying horizontally into your keepers face anything hit on goal was going to go in. Cazy day.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    The other day, on a different topic, I said that I was going to stop posting on this forum. I am not going to repeat my reasons and I'm glad to say that I have found an alternative site which doesn't have the personal abuse that forced my decision.

The topic of this thread brings to mind the question that I've asked myself time after time - "Why can't supporters of different clubs get on with each other.Why does there have to be the nastiness that prevails?"

I have therefore looked into this statement of "Dominating the Wolves" and must question this. Have we really done this? Maybe over the last 10 years, but if you look back at the total games played between the two clubs, since the first game in 1886, the two clubs have, I am informed, met on 156 occasions. West Brom have won 63 of these (40%), Wolves have won 51 (33%) and we have drawn 42 games (27%).

Now the question is do these statistics show dominance?

Sorry baggieal and baggieblood, I sincerely hope you are not affected by these figures and that you will not require your vomit bucket!

Farewell

Yawn Yawn.............. In the language of Pepe Mel - adiós de nuevo y espero que sea la última vez

Tears were shed again today as Katherine Jenkins and Alan Irvine sang a duet of time to say goodbye for the 23 consecutive day

Argos even donated a trunki, in an attempt to hasten the departure

Residents of his new home have organised a welcome party and an illegal Internet feed for him to continue his "committed" support of his team

However, the long goodbye continues

One can only assume he's flying with Ryanair

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    Thanks for your best wishes, Albionic,

Referring to your stats of played 31, W14 (45%), D10 (32%) and L7 (23%) to me these still do not show that we have had any level of "dominance" - they are not far different to the overall picture which I gave. Yes, we have been the better, but surely not dominating. However, we all interpret things differently.
    Sorry Sweep can't agree with your exaggeration claim. Perhaps it's my fault by not making clear what I meant by 'my lad's time.' His first BCD was the Keith Curle stunner. I wouldn't take him earlier because of the threat of violence.

So in his time we have won 12 drawn 6 and lost 3. Or for every 1 they've won we have won 4. When you consider in that time we have had the '14 point bottlers' 'the pie and a pint humilation at their place' 'the play off double' and 'the 1-5 I'll use the h word again' then I consider domination is a valid description of my lad's time v the Wolves.

I enjoyed writing that.

Since League was inaugurated 1888 we've finished above Wolves 63 times, and they've finished above us 55 times (in League position).

Where was your disdain here BMG?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Where was your disdain here BMG?
    Afternoon Blood, hope all is well with you.

Blimey you've got some time on your hands chap.

You seem a little stressed of late.

Have you tried the following........ .........

https://www.bemindfulonline.com/

or even........ .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FCZ8azY_wU

..... just wondered that's all, take care chap .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)