+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominating the Wolves

Dominating the Wolves

My 30 year old son phoned last night and we got talking about how much we have dominated the Wolves during his time. He has seen perhaps a 10 BCD's and never seen us lose.

Got me thinking the last time I saw us lose live. Only been to Molineux twice since the early 80's a 0-0 draw when half the ground was closed and the Cup win. So that left our home games. Their last 2 away wins were both on Sundays and as I coached kids football on Sundays I am fairly sure I wasn't at either.

So I reckon the last time I saw us lose to the 'mighty' Wolves was probably in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    My 30 year old son phoned last night and we got talking about how much we have dominated the Wolves during his time. He has seen perhaps a 10 BCD's and never seen us lose.

Got me thinking the last time I saw us lose live. Only been to Molineux twice since the early 80's a 0-0 draw when half the ground was closed and the Cup win. So that left our home games. Their last 2 away wins were both on Sundays and as I coached kids football on Sundays I am fairly sure I wasn't at either.

So I reckon the last time I saw us lose to the 'mighty' Wolves was probably in 1983.
    We have had the beating of them in recent times. I'm a couple of years older than your son (unfortunately). But the last time I remember losing to them, off the top of my head, was when we played them 5 times in one season. Twice in league, twice in play offs and once in the cup. They beat us 1-0 I think at their place, and if I remember rightly we battered them and they fluked it. There might have been a more recent time, but that's the last time I remember and that must be close to 10 years ago.

Going back further than that, in the old division one, two of the worst defeats I remember happened in pretty quick succession. The Iwan Roberts hattrick at the Hawthorns and then the 2-0 Crighton game at Molineux. I was only about 10 for both, Crighton kicked the ball out of play every goal kick / free kick / pass back etc.

Still, nothing compares to the 5-1 game...

Still relish Keith Curles own goal

Highlights at their place
    Super Bob's failed somersault in the 2-1 win

Waving goodbye to them in the early 80s when they threw half the stand over us. O-0.draw

A Tony Ford thunderbolt 2-2 draw

That glorious cup tie (the pie and a pint game) Does football get any better.than that?

I'm sure the last time I saw them beat us live was when Bully forgot his manners and his lifelong support of the Baggies and celebrated on his knees infront of the Brummie Rd.

Such a lack of class,a little humility for the club that discovered you and for who your goals per game ratio is still your best wouldn't go amiss!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I'm sure the last time I saw them beat us live was when Bully forgot his manners and his lifelong support of the Baggies and celebrated on his knees infront of the Brummie Rd.

Such a lack of class,a little humility for the club that discovered you and for who your goals per game ratio is still your best wouldn't go amiss!
    Wasn't that when we beat them 3-2?

My first away game was at Wolves. Bitterly cold. Part way through the teams were taken off. I collapsed and was passed over the heads and taken to thaw out in the boot room. The game was abandoned. As a treat I was taken to the replayed match. I will never forget feeling so out of place on the terraces with my bobble hat, scarf and rattle. We were beaten 0-7. I was mortified and mum said I cried when I got home but I don't recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Wasn't that when we beat them 3-2?
    Correct mate,I'm confusing it with the winner he scored at our place in 1989.

Crikey...I was only just 28 the last time I saw them beat us at our place....that's now half a lifetime ago for me.

My first away game was at Wolves. Bitterly cold. Part way through the teams were taken off. I collapsed and was passed over the heads and taken to thaw out in the boot room. The game was abandoned. As a treat I was taken to the replayed match. I will never forget feeling so out of place on the terraces with my bobble hat, scarf and rattle. We were beaten 0-7. I was mortified and mum said I cried when I got home but I don't recall that.
    I was at that game as well, abandoned at half-time due to snow. We were 0-2 down. It was the start of the bad 62-63 winter.
    Lived in the outbacks of Herefordshire then. Got home about midnight as the points on the rail track kept freezing up. Mum was frantic!

I was at that game as well, In fact a couple of years ago I posted on both boards to see if anyone could remember it. Got no reply so I began to think I had dreamed it. In my memory it was abandoned mid way through the first half but there you go. I do remember I was standing behind the Baggies goal and the snow was pouring towards your keeper horizontally, poor sod couldn't see a thing.

Thanks for the memory anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)