+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your prostate. on Saturday

Get your prostate. on Saturday

Get your Prostate checked on Saturday

The Barry Kilby Prostate Cancer Appeal will host another prostate cancer testing day at Turf Moor on Saturday, in conjunction with the East Lancashire Prostate Cancer Support Group. Between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, a prostate cancer testing session will be held at Turf Moor for men over 50, or 45 if cancer is prevalent in their family, at a subsidised cost of £5. This deadly disease affects one in eight men in the UK and 40% of those cases will be diagnosed at a late stage. One of the best ways to detect prostate cancer early is through screening, including the PSA test.

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk...turf-1-8773626
    Last edited by oldcolner; 27-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Get your Prostate checked on Saturday

The Barry Kilby Prostate Cancer Appeal will host another prostate cancer testing day at Turf Moor on Saturday, in conjunction with the East Lancashire Prostate Cancer Support Group. Between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, a prostate cancer testing session will be held at Turf Moor for men over 50, or 45 if cancer is prevalent in their family, at a subsidised cost of £5. This deadly disease affects one in eight men in the UK and 40% of those cases will be diagnosed at a late stage. One of the best ways to detect prostate cancer early is through screening, including the PSA test.

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk...turf-1-8773626
    Very important to do.I was urged to have a test 2 years ago and the early stages were detected.I was monitored for a year but there was a slight deterioration.I got all the information and decided to have it removed and that was done in May.There were no symptoms of anything wrong.

I was also checked out 3 years ago after an ordinary routine blood test brought this to light. I was pleased that nothing was found after further hospital checks in the coming months. I would urge anyone who hasn't' been checked out to go and have it done. It's a win win situation and something that should not be ignored . I now have a check up every 12 months and I am glad it is being monitored by the local hospital.

Good to see the money is coming from the fans who donated their Hannover money to charity.
    I agree it's important to get checked especially if it's taking a longer time to pass water than it did.
    Takes no time at all - just give a blood sample.

Blood? Needle? Injection!

Nooooooooooo!

Come on BT its taking not giving. Are you scared of a little prick?

I will be going. The scary thing with a lot of these cancers and health risks is that there are NO symptoms as Barrie posts.

A good friend has had a terrible 2 years , never smoked or drank and only found out he had bowel cancer because of the checks done on reaching 60. NO SYMPTONS.

Yes , these checks can be done by visiting your doctor but how many of us take the time to do that.

Barry Kilby and Burnley Football Club organise these events for that reason , it's there, use it.
    Last edited by thedonz; 27-09-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Get it done BT, the amount of time I've spent in and around Hospital this last year I've had plenty of blood tests (and the poo one) Jesus as soon as I enter Hospital for any illness there's a Doctor (with a smile on his face putting rubber gloves on) saying `I just want to check your prostate`, what worries me is after he never sends flowers or a bottle of wine so I think he's using me

My urologist is a lady!

To everybody

Just get it done - PLEASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)