+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carlisle

Agreed, gazan. It was clear to anyone after 10 minutes that Ainley was like a fish out of water at wing back, and we all know George can't tackle a crossword never mind another footballer. So why they were in those positions, with a midfielder at CB, when we had 2 full backs and a CB on the bench god alone knows.

Grant was anonymous in a position where Ainley has been pretty good (or Walker can play), adding to the confusion. As you say, Dagnall is too deep and, as a result, not in the game at all, and Porter did what Porter does - just not where we want him doing it! I had to check that Gorgeous George was on the pitch; the new haircut fooled me as I couldn't locate him several times, but then decided it wasn't just his barnet.

I felt for Lowery as he seemed to be the only player looking for the ball, trying to get things going and looked pretty lively. Unfortunate that he ended up losing possession for the last 2 goals but the match was gone by then. The 3 subs did well enough and my lasting impression was the sight of Dale, taking players on, then standing there, arms spread as if to say "who's moving for me, where's the pass?" . Desperate stuff really.

Changes inevitable tomorrow. Perry will return, Bowery must be due a start and, like gazan said, let's go back to a solid 4-4-2 and defend properly.

Like that, apart from Bowery starting.

Shocking display, but who was responsible for it. No doubt that was down to our manager. To use his own words, totally unacceptable. Dreadful team selection and a classical example of having players in the wrong roles. DA virtually all of the coaches for the teams playing us have realised clearly that when we play Ainley and Lowery in midfield it is the equivalent of a team playing without a midfield. Add our own disappearing magician George "Tommy" Cooper to that equasion and we have a no hope side.

Do not like to criticise young players but they should not be in the side. This is the fault of our management. The are clearly not physically strong enough and not mentally aware of the demands of professional football. This is not about fancy formations or tactics. This is completely about poor team selection.

For me the above mentioned players should be dropped. Cooper is without doubt a talented, skilfull player who is capable of progressing to to a top half Championship side, but to be honest currently that talent is wasted on him. The young man seems to have an attitude problem, or has not matured. Ainley has promise but has difficulty achieving a 20 minute stint, let alone a full game. He has to seriously increase his efforts. Currently at best he is a useful sub. I am aware that a lot of posters feel that Lowery is our next superstar. I do not subscribe to this. He is lacking any physical strength, in most game he seems to lack discipline, and appears to be totally unaware of what his duties as a team member are. In short he disrupts the team. I would suggest that the best for his future would be to send him out on loan for 3 month stints to non-leage sides.

In contrast I would like to praise one of our Academy graduates, Perry NG. Though he is playing out of position at RB the young man gives 100% every game. He has made a huge effort and has already proved he is physicall strong enough to cope with Leage2 football. Feel confident that he would be better suited to a defensive midfield role. Another big prospect I believe will be Sass Davis. Lovely balance and so confident on the ball.

We need to have a midfield that has strength and can compete. Based on this my midfield would be NG, Walker and Wintle.

There's quite a few midfielders you don't rate eh? Cooper, jones, Ainley, Lowery and now you've 'dropped' Grant in favour of Ng.

No suggest we try out Grant as a regular sub at first to prove his worth. Jimmy it appears that you are quite happy to have a losing team on a regular basis as long as our kids are given playing time. Sorry that is not for me, I did not pay for a season ticket to watch a shambles like Saturday.

Lowery was responsible for three of the goals on Saturday. He went missing for the 1st, and got easily robbed of possession for the 4th and 5th. Are you seriously suggesting that after that display he should remain in the team?

Wake up call for DA and Lunt. Reached the point now where their managerial mettle will be severely tested. Not just about blaming players, it is about selecting players in the right positions and formation. 442 tonight I hope. Get Walker in midfield and play Dagnall alongside Porter (leave Bowery as a sub). Time for Lowery to drop to the bench after Saturday's performance. Also, I would like to see Richards given a start - is Garrett really improving as a keeper? He certainly has little incentive if he is the no. 1 come what may.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12