+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Vietnam War TV series

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Asians have less well-developed brains and don't suffer from PTSD. They also enjoy killing and being killed so 3 million dead is a mere hiccup to them. East is East and West is West.
    See Monte that's open to all sorts of replies which most (no some) people would say tongue in cheek mocking the PC and everything it stands for. I accept that I must act in a certain way whilst in society but when I'm on my own can I think for myself or do I have to practice being a saint?

In writing that I have left myself open to critique and people thinking that I'm something that only my friends and family know me not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I'm watching or have watched a programme where 6 disabled people have crossed Vietnam. Humbling is the right word to use. The guys who are disabled are meeting with victims of accidents and the difference was highlighted last night when the Young girl who had lost her leg on the Alton Towers ride a couple of years ago compaired her her £70k leg to a guy who lost his leg to a land mine and paid £30 for a wooden one.

I also watched a River Monsters programme where fishing was tolerated
    That's the one i posted the time of froggy, and yeh, quite humbling and also interesting, i'd love to follow their route one day.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    That's the one i posted the time of froggy, and yeh, quite humbling and also interesting, i'd love to follow their route one day.
    I didn't see your earlier post MMM. The young girl is somewhat of a star. When she lost the hydraulics or whatever went wrong on that slope was a nightmare for her!

The route is a static one now but the reason the Vietnemese were able to get supplies was because they used many, many tracks. If one was bombed they just used another.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I didn't see your earlier post MMM. The young girl is somewhat of a star. When she lost the hydraulics or whatever went wrong on that slope was a nightmare for her!

The route is a static one now but the reason the Vietnemese were able to get supplies was because they used many, many tracks. If one was bombed they just used another.
    Yes an interesting program, yes very humbling but then I see programs praising the merits of Kadeena Cox.

Disablement is obviously very much in the eye of the beholder

Asians have less well-developed brains and don't suffer from PTSD. They also enjoy killing and being killed so 3 million dead is a mere hiccup to them. East is East and West is West.
    Naughty, Monty. You may have to clarify the point you're making with this tongue in cheek observation...
    Last edited by CTMilller; 22-09-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Naughty, Monty. You may have to clarify the point you're making with this tongue in cheek observation...
    I thought it was one of his more moderate points... ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    CT, a sadly failed attempt at irony on my part and also self-mockery playing up to my reputation on MM as a racist.

CT, a sadly failed attempt at irony on my part and also self-mockery playing up to my reputation on MM as a racist.
    Keep up the good work Monty, without the likes of you we may as well switch the lights off and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Keep up the good work Monty, without the likes of you we may as well switch the lights off and go home.
    Thank you, sota. Much appreciated.

I got that Monty. Made me chuckle on this occasion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast