+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What The ƒuck Is Our Best 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The game on Sunday isn't worth anything, thursday was the one that counted.
    Finishing 2nd in the league doesn't bother me. It'll only annoy the Huns and really it's only a matter of time before we drop back down a place or two.

Winning cups is where we should be really worrying about.

Winning the Scottish cup this year and DM will be a success.

The game on Sunday isn't worth anything, thursday was the one that counted.
    So why play 38 games?

Your 24k comments mean f*ck all but this ones takes the gold medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Winning cups is where we should be really worrying about.

I agree entirely with this.

If Derek wants to piss about with his team he can do it in the league. Not in the bloody cups. We should be aiming to win them and not to be best of the rest in an already won league. 2nd place means nothing to me. Footballs about silverware (or being the richest club if you are w@nkers like Manure or Real Madrid). Its not about coming second and getting papped out of Europe at the same time every year by Europes C listers.

I would happily take a league cup and finish fourth or fifth or a Scottish cup and be in the bottom six.

Nah Pacman min.

It's nice to win cups, I'll give you that.
    I've had enough of bottom six finishes though.

Am I allowed to say bottom?

It's not that easy to keep up and the thought police are on my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I agree entirely with this.

If Derek wants to piss about with his team he can do it in the league. Not in the bloody cups. We should be aiming to win them and not to be best of the rest in an already won league. 2nd place means nothing to me. Footballs about silverware (or being the richest club if you are w@nkers like Manure or Real Madrid). Its not about coming second and getting papped out of Europe at the same time every year by Europes C listers.

I would happily take a league cup and finish fourth or fifth or a Scottish cup and be in the bottom six.
    And what does winning the league cup get you? Absolutely F all. Quite happy to be in the bottom six? WTF.

Great, AFC can start their season in the LC qualifying groups against Brora or the likes, and then wait until January to play in the SC.

Heard it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    So why play 38 games?

Your 24k comments mean f*ck all but this ones takes the gold medal.
    I'll try again, hopefully this one won't set off a hissy fit.

I'm going on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, it's always a good day out in Motherwell & I really, really hope we rinse them. It's in a competition we can't win though. We're never going to win it & regardless if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 9th, I'm not going to tell the grandkids about it. The cups are as good as it's going to get for AFC. We've just needlessly f*cked up another one.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    You never answered my question rico94 regarding GMS,do you honestly think he's a decent player that can add to our team based on his performances for us so far and his performances for his previous teams??
    So far he has been poor but he is here now and I would rather play him or Stewart on the wing than Christie who is clearly not a wide player.

Maybe if he gets a decent run in the team he can get back to the form he had at Dundee Utd,there was one stage when he was at Dundee Utd some folk were saying he was better than Hayes.

131 appearances and 27 goals is not bad and the reason Celtic bought him.

I'll try again, hopefully this one won't set off a hissy fit.

I'm going on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, it's always a good day out in Motherwell & I really, really hope we rinse them. It's in a competition we can't win though. We're never going to win it & regardless if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 9th, I'm not going to tell the grandkids about it. The cups are as good as it's going to get for AFC. We've just needlessly f*cked up another one.
    Mason, the bottom line is, we want to win every game, whether or not its the cups or the league. Of course our best chance of silverware is the cups, but to say tomorrows game means nothing is silly.
    No hissy fits here. Enjoy the game and give me a wave on RedTV.

Need to stop chopping and changing week in week out. Arnason looks by far the best centre half so blooming well play him. O'Connor looks the best to partner him.

Considine is an absolute disaster of a left back, he needs dropped and left out. Total liability now.

Shay to be fair hasn't been much better, he's been poor as well so far this season so he also has to up his game.

Tomorrow will be another battle and I'm not confident of us getting 1 point.

With Tansey going in for an op, and having been at Fir Park on Sunday, Id say 4-1-4-1 is the way for us to go just now.

Lewis
    Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
    O'Connor
    Christie McLean Shinnie Wright
    May

Subs Rogers Ball Harvie Maynard Stewart GMS Rooney

O'Connor playing the role he did at Fir Park, like a front sweeper in front of KA & McKenna.
    Can become a back 5 when under the cosh.
    Not 100% ideal as I'm not a fan of Christie out wide but needs must & he's more likely to do something than Stewart or GMS.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast