+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What The ブck Is Our Best 11?

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Think this is about our best. I don't mind o Connor beside arnason.

Never used to buy into the considine bashing but last night was the final straw for me. Shouldn't be near the first team playing like that. Badly missing Hayes.
    I posted on another thread a few weeks back that McInnes hadn't sorted out the defence from last season, the replies were basically Considine and Reynolds are above average SPFL defenders and are fine against most sides.To me if you are happy with them 2 you are going to have to accept results like last night.

Considine has improved a lot since McInnes came here,he was atrocious under Calderwood, McGhee and Brown and ok under McInnes but he has never been good enough.

Reynolds was good when he was playing alongside Anderson a few years back but he has never looked the same since his injury and his pace is gone now as well.

McInnes should have been more ruthless and moved them both on but he has a loyalty to certain players who have done well for him in the past which will come back to bite him if he isn't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes should have been more ruthless and moved them both on but he has a loyalty to certain players who have done well for him in the past which will come back to bite him if he isn't careful.
    He's just signed them both up till 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    back four needs to be fixed...

logan arnason o conner considine.

our best defence i reckon. stick with it and **** aboot with the rest if you must Derek.
    I'd have to agree with this. Arnie looked comfortable when he came on. Hopefully that can continue given the chance. I'd like to know what those saying Harvie is our best LB are basing that on?

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    He's just signed them both up till 2019.
    I know he has, thats why I said he should have moved both of them on instead of showing loyalty to them by offering them new deals.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I would get Ball and Mackay Steven to ブck.
    Ball is useless, at the moment anyway and GMS is even more lightweight and patchy than I thought he was. Not good enough.

Stewart simply isnt doing enough and looks overweight to me. Nowhere near the sharp striker we saw at Dundee.

So whats the best? Im struggling..

Lewis
    Logan Arnason Reynolds Shinnie
    Tansey McLean Christie
    May Wright
    Rooney

ブck knows!
    If the manager doesn't know, how the feck will we know?
    He clearly doesn't.

There are so many deficiencies in the squad it's hard to know where to start.

We seem better at 4-2-3-1 when we don't d1ck about with tombolas

with that formation in mind, I'll go with and caveat at the end;

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Stewart Christie Wright
    May

Rogers, Ball, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, GMS, Maynard.

The caveats being;
    We need a pacey centre half that is good in the air - good luck with that.
    Considine needs replaced at LB.
    Stewart is a lazy unfit sod, but on the basis GMS is a weasel, then he gets in.

Stop faffing around with 3 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If the manager doesn't know, how the feck will we know?
    He clearly doesn't.

There are so many deficiencies in the squad it's hard to know where to start.

We seem better at 4-2-3-1 when we don't d1ck about with tombolas

with that formation in mind, I'll go with and caveat at the end;

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Stewart Christie Wright
    May

Rogers, Ball, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, GMS, Maynard.

The caveats being;
    We need a pacey centre half that is good in the air - good luck with that.
    Considine needs replaced at LB.
    Stewart is a lazy unfit sod, but on the basis GMS is a weasel, then he gets in.

Stop faffing around with 3 at the back
    GMS is a bit of a lightweight and Stewart is really slow but do you not think half the problem is they are not getting a decent run in the team?

I don't think either of them playing one week and being dropped the next game is doing them or us any good,Hayes was in and out of the team at the beginning of his time with us and he looked pysh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. Arnie looked comfortable when he came on. Hopefully that can continue given the chance. I'd like to know what those saying Harvie is our best LB are basing that on?
    I'm basing it on the hope that he is actually any sort of left back. And it's his natural position. Instantly makes him better option than considine who could have been replaced with a traffic cone last night.

He wasn't being asked to play left back though was he?

It was the same against Kilmarnock.

He was being asked to play in some weird formation which meant he was far to far up the park.

I admit that I give Consi a fair bit more leeway than most, given that he was donsdaft jnr's best pal at school.

He's had a great career with the Dons, perhaps better than he would have had if all things were as we would have liked it to be.

He's a decent enough left back though.

The problem is that managers think they have world class players capable of following complicated instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    GMS is a bit of a lightweight and Stewart is really slow but do you not think half the problem is they are not getting a decent run in the team?

I don't think either of them playing one week and being dropped the next game is doing them or us any good,Hayes was in and out of the team at the beginning of his time with us and he looked pysh as well.
    Rico.

Nope, I genuinely think neither are good enough.
    Both have made their money & are on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Rico.

Nope, I genuinely think neither are good enough.
    Both have made their money & are on the way down
    Red star torphins

Like them or not we are stuck with them until January at least I would rather play one of them out wide instead of Christie who is clearly not a winger/wide player.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast