+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throw in/shy

Throw in/shy

Minor point but one that annoys the tits off me.

Everytime we get a shy it's like we are about to lob a grenade or bag of sick...everybody runs off.

You know exactly when we aren't interested when we lose possession every single time at a shy. Either it goes back out for a shy or someone ****s it up the park and we lose possession.

We really need more people that aren't feert.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Everytime we get a shy it's like we are about to lob a grenade or bag of sick...everybody runs off.

You know exactly when we aren't interested when we lose possession every single time at a shy. Either it goes back out for a shy or someone ****s it up the park and we lose possession.

We really need more people that aren't feert.
    It's just a microcosm of the disjointed, disorganised shambles we are.
    Look at out tombola team selection
    Look at the changing formation weekly
    Look at the way we defend set pieces.
    We're a shambles from back to front.

It's just another part of the game that gets completely ignored. At least the Seve long throw onto Diamonds head had a bit of thought put into it, despite it never working.

The last time we were any good at throw ins was when Mark McGhee was there to receive the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It's just another part of the game that gets completely ignored. At least the Seve long throw onto Diamonds head had a bit of thought put into it, despite it never working.
    Get me signed up. I can hit the pen spot fae the half way line. Heaps of assists over my career. Ill sort this sh@te oot

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Get me signed up. I can hit the pen spot fae the half way line. Heaps of assists over my career. Ill sort this sh@te oot
    What happened to the man standing down the line turns inside and takes the defender with him and guy that was inside gets it down the line to his feet.
    Worked when I played, and that was drummed into us from our coach (ex Dons).

But nah, just a lob of the ball from Shay or Consi and most of the time the defender wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Every time we get a shy .
    another minor point but can anyone advise just why the fk a throw-in was ever named a shy? I just don't get it, or is there something a numptee like me is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    another minor point but can anyone advise just why the fk a throw-in was ever named a shy? I just don't get it, or is there something a numptee like me is missing?
    Shy is an old fashioned word for throw. Coconut shy being an example.

I used to have a fitba manager as a kick who called goal kicks, "by-kicks". Boiled my piss that did

What is it with goalies "fisting" the ball. Why dont they just punch it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Shy is an old fashioned word for throw. Coconut shy being an example.

I used to have a fitba manager as a kick who called goal kicks, "by-kicks". Boiled my piss that did
    Cheers Pac i'm now the wrang side of half a century in years pal and seriously had no idea how the word "shy" ever found itself as a replacement for a throw-in....... as for "by-kicks" words fail ma

Stand Free!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast