+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It was 55 years ago today

It was 55 years ago today

I went to my first match at the Hawthorns. I was 8.

There were 9 goals, 2 hat tricks and 3 penalties. Albion team from the programme

Millington
    Howe
    Williams G
    Cram
    Jones
    Drury
    Jackson
    Foggo
    Smith
    Kevan
    Carter

Best moment from my years FA Cup Win 1968.
    Worst moment League Cup defeat 1967

We beat Bolton 5-4, I presume that was the game. Plenty of goals around that season especially 16th March 1963

Albion goalscorers Kevan 3, Foggo and Howe. A young Francis Lee scored 3 and I think their other scorer was Wyn Davies

That is the correct line up. Back then the programme rarely got it right. I think they just used to print the previous games team. In this case that worked for them as this was the line up from the previous match.
    I'm sure I was there but don't recall the match.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    That is the correct line up. Back then the programme rarely got it right. I think they just used to print the previous games team. In this case that worked for them as this was the line up from the previous match.
    I'm sure I was there but don't recall the match.
    Programme had the first 10 correct but I have crossed out Chippy Clark and written in Carter.

And 55 years later you have a great avatar name....

Ah. Carter, saw him plenty of times in the reserves, rarely made the first team.
    Unaffectionately known as "carthorse" by my dad & other fans i knew.

I bought (or more accurately had bought for me) the blue star badges with the players photos in the centre to pin on my bobble hat. One every match was all I was allowed. I got all the badges available. Geoff Carter was the last one I got. Says everything; sorry Geoff.

Anyone else remember those badges? Wish I still had them.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I bought (or more accurately had bought for me) the blue star badges with the players photos in the centre to pin on my bobble hat. One every match was all I was allowed. I got all the badges available. Geoff Carter was the last one I got. Says everything; sorry Geoff.

Anyone else remember those badges? Wish I still had them.

I remember those badges well. We had a thread on the subject not long ago. But I would be glad to talk about them again.

I wasn't born 55 years ago but that sounds like a great game my first game was nearly 30 years ago on 24/10/17, when we beat Huddersfield 3:2, with a hattrick for vile t osser Morley

I don't know when we play Huddersfield this at home but I will be watching from same place as 30 years ago in the now East stand

Does anyone recall the 1987 game?

As a reminder the terriers had a horrendous strip that day

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)