+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It was 55 years ago today

It's not too hard to work out who theding is

Wouldn't surprise me out of the 4 dingles using that bored he who shall not be named is 3 of them

And my post Clearly states it will be 30 years on 24/10/17 but, if a alleged typo keeps the dead bored in conversation I will try and give you more talking points

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    How strange.......I knew exactly what BB was saying in that on 24/10/17 it would mark 30 years to the day since his first attendance.

I didn't read it any other way and I have an "O" Level grade C in English language so yow must be propa kleva :-)
    Funny, I read it the way the ding did, I've English O level as well. On review you can read it as you did though.
    Of course the point is there is no need to correct people's grammar/spelling on a bloody football forum. Or anywhere else come to that. Except in a classroom or on an examination paper. Unless it's people using of instead of have.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Funny, I read it the way the ding did, I've English O level as well. On review you can read it as you did though.
    Of course the point is there is no need to correct people's grammar/spelling on a bloody football forum. Or anywhere else come to that. Except in a classroom or on an examination paper. Unless it's people using of instead of have.
    I fink U could of worded that better Chris .

How did my nice thread reminiscing about my first match end up as many threads do in a slanging match? I know some idiot posted about a non existent error. He probably considers it banter when it's really just crass.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    How did my nice thread reminiscing about my first match end up as many threads do in a slanging match? I know some idiot posted about a non existent error. He probably considers it banter when it's really just crass.
    NICE!?! What sort of word is nice? We used to get berated at school for using that word instead of choosing a word that was more descriptive.

My first match was agaist Colchester 4th round F.A.Cup. 1968

Won 4.0 and went on to win the cup. 10 years old, Went wuth my Dad and Uncle Auther. over 38,000 there for a night match.

My first match (at Oakwell of course) was at the start of 1981, it was an Fa cup 3rd round win against Torquay!.
    It was the last season where 2 points were given for a league win and nobody had heard of the 'play offs'. And it helped of course that this was in the middle of a successful promotion winning season.
    The first time I can remember us playing West Brom was in season 1986-87.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    My first match (at Oakwell of course) was at the start of 1981, it was an Fa cup 3rd round win against Torquay!.
    It was the last season where 2 points were given for a league win and nobody had heard of the 'play offs'. And it helped of course that this was in the middle of a successful promotion winning season.
    The first time I can remember us playing West Brom was in season 1986-87.
    That's the first time I recall us playing Barnsley. From 1955 to 1986 we only spent 3 seasons outside the top flight. Barnsley weren't second tier during those seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggiefromStafford View Post
    My first match was agaist Colchester 4th round F.A.Cup. 1968

Won 4.0 and went on to win the cup. 10 years old, Went wuth my Dad and Uncle Auther. over 38,000 there for a night match.
    Quite rightly it was stroll. But we were very fortunate to be playing at all following the game at Layer Road.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)