+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Theresa

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    This is where he changed it the first time:

Nah, I'd go for bigoted and stupid more than old and grumpy.

This opinion is based on you saying you hate over 2 billion people without ever knowing any of them. Bigoted. And stupid.

Then he really got excited....woof woof Pavlonian canine:

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The point Dumbo, is that even though I don't doubt that you could "post hundreds of links to hundreds of other Muslim atrocities", you have decided to hate 2 BILLION HUMAN BEINGS on that basis. That's why I called you bigoted and stupid.

Don't talk out of your arse. I can assure you I want action taking to rid this country of Muslim terrorists, extremists and criminals just as much as you do, maybe more because I actually prefer to live here rather than run away. I just don't see your ridiculous hatred of every single Muslim as a rational way of achieving it.

What???? The thought that your inane ramblings are worthy of a complaint amuses me greatly. I much prefer that you keep posting your garbage so any reasonable people can see what a nasty piece of work you really are.

If your words really upset me I would block you (snigger)!
    Now he's getting concerned because I'm telling him to dig deeper.....but he still cannot spot it....woof woof Elite....down doggie

Elite - Religion = Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, laughable concept, deluding themselves

Tarquin - "I despise Muslims" .....Elite then changed this to "hate" deliberately in every single attack from then on, because this suited his agenda better.....he even did it again in the post above saying "That doesn't mean I hate the people who are believers".....who mentioned "hate"?....Pavlov's dog again....in his own mind he believes that suits his argument better.....it was strange because I kept thinking..."but I didn't say that"

From Merriam-Webster....link below, complete with reference to "organised religion"

Definition of despise
    despised; despising
    transitive verb
    1 :to look down on with contempt or aversion

despised the weak

2 :to regard as negligible, worthless, or distasteful

despises organized religion

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/despise
    So basically Elite....you said exactly the same as me.....Santa Claus = negligible (unless you still believe in him?) Tooth Fairy = Worthless (unless you have a loose tooth and you're 9 years old, no need to answer).....so you must be a bigoted, stupid, nasty piece of work that talks out of his arse....snap

Haven't posted on here for weeks - this thread has convinced me I've made the right choice! I agree with Elite most of the time (except on Christianity), but why, O why, do you let Tarquin get under your skin so much? He makes me smile though when I read his 'Our society, culture etc' when he's moved to Mexico, presumably for what he would describe as a better life!

COYP - hopefully we can all agree on that.

Elite - Religion = Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, laughable concept, deluding themselves

Tarquin - "I despise Muslims" .....Elite then changed this to "hate" deliberately in every single attack from then on, because this suited his agenda better.....he even did it again in the post above saying "That doesn't mean I hate the people who are believers".....who mentioned "hate"?....Pavlov's dog again....in his own mind he believes that suits his argument better.....it was strange because I kept thinking..."but I didn't say that"

From Merriam-Webster....link below, complete with reference to "organised religion"

Definition of despise
    despised; despising
    transitive verb
    1 :to look down on with contempt or aversion

despised the weak

2 :to regard as negligible, worthless, or distasteful

despises organized religion

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/despise
    Ahhh, so the basis of your legal case is that 'despise' and 'hate' have different meanings. Good luck with that one! The big difference between us is that you automatically despise billions of people you have never met, where I would have to get to know them before making my mind up. If you can't see that, have a good afternoon going through my old posts!

Have a read of this thread you lot. Some of you sound like primary school kids in the playground on a day the milk didn't arrive. I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Have a read of this thread you lot. Some of you sound like primary school kids in the playground on a day the milk didn't arrive. I despair.
    Agree, same old Tories. It was Thatcher who took the milk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree, same old Tories. It was Thatcher who took the milk away.
    Did Labour give it back? genuine question.

Driller - QE, EU bail-outs of Italian banks.......I cannot remember the original argument....but it was along the lines of you saying that the EU HADN'T bailed them out?

OK here goes......an article from Forbes dated June 2017 entitled "Italy's Latest Bank Bail-Out"

Extract:

Italy has finally gotten around to sorting out its banks. But the way it is going about it looks horribly familiar. Never mind the EU’s high-minded ideas about bailing in creditors. In Italy, they like to do things the traditional way. Bailouts are back.

in December 2016, the Italian government approved a 20bn euro bailout fund. Italy would have to borrow this money, of course. But no matter, Italy has borrowed so much already that a bit more won’t make much difference. And anyway, the ECB has its back. Italian government bonds are included in the ECB’s QE program, which effectively caps their yields. A Greek-style bond crisis would be all but impossible.

The Italian government decided that although these banks might not be systemically important to the EU, they most certainly are to Italy. Claiming that allowing them to fail would cause disruption to the local economy in Venice, it bailed them out.

The bailout is dressed up as a rescue by a larger bank along the same lines as Santander’s recent acquisition for a nominal 1 euro of the insolvent Spanish lender Banco Popular.

Italy's decision, supported by the European Commission, tramples the BRRD to death. Senior creditors need never again fear losses due to a failing bank. If it is systemically important, it will be given a precautionary recapitalization at taxpayers’ expense. If it is not, an excuse will be found to bail it out at taxpayers’ expense. Either way, seniors and unsecured depositors are safe.

That is, they are as safe as politicians want them to be. Italy is able to bail out these banks – and will no doubt in due course bail out others too – because it is a big country which can easily borrow the funds needed. It has decided to do so principally because its politicians fear for their jobs if the Venetian economy tanks and small bondholders lose their savings. And the European Commission has supported its decision principally because Italy is much too big to bully. The long-running standoff between the EU and Italy over bank resolution has ended with the EU caving in.

We now have a two-speed Eurozone, made up of big countries that can do what they like, and small ones that must obey the rules set by the big ones. Not that there is anything new about this. We are simply back to where we were in the good old days, when Germany and France could break Eurozone rules with impunity but woe betide a smaller country that tried to do so. Italy, too, is part of the “too big to bully” club. Bankers, you know what to do.

Full article.....https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances.../#516a1e8315ef
    Have you read this yet? It's about Italy bailing out its own banks. You posted it without even reading it didn't you?

Are you sure you want to carry this on? Seems like a bit of a mismatch to me. I did try to warn you that all your arguments were very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Have you read this yet? It's about Italy bailing out its own banks. You posted it without even reading it didn't you?

Are you sure you want to carry this on? Seems like a bit of a mismatch to me. I did try to warn you that all your arguments were very weak.
    Italy does not have the money to "bail out it's own banks".......that is the whole point.....but somehow it did.....that is why the the EU/ECB is angry that Italy did it.....now they have to lend them even more money

Basically, Italy is SO bankrupt, and owes the ECB so much money, that it's default would collapse the Euro, and probably the EU.....but the EU cannot allow it to fail because that would collapse Europe.....so they allowed the bailouts to happen, lent them even more money.....and the debt mountain continued

Saei paints a grim picture of that scenario.

He starts with this: "Italy owes the ECB €430bn, the equivalent of 25% of nominal GDP." If Italy left the euro it would be required to settle its debts instantly. "The increased debt obligations from settling this bill would cripple its economy," Saei says.

Italy would thus be incentivised to default, and walk away

http://uk.businessinsider.com/italy-...-growth-2017-7
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 15-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Italy does not have the money to "bail out it's own banks".......that is the whole point.....but somehow it did.....that is why the the EU/ECB is angry that Italy did it.....now they have to lend them even more money

Basically, Italy is SO bankrupt, and owes the ECB so much money, that it's default would collapse the Euro, and probably the EU.....but the EU cannot allow it to fail because that would collapse Europe.....so they allowed the bailouts to happen, lent them even more money.....and the debt mountain continued

Saei paints a grim picture of that scenario.

He starts with this: "Italy owes the ECB €430bn, the equivalent of 25% of nominal GDP." If Italy left the euro it would be required to settle its debts instantly. "The increased debt obligations from settling this bill would cripple its economy," Saei says.

Italy would thus be incentivised to default, and walk away

http://uk.businessinsider.com/italy-...-growth-2017-7
    I still don't know on exactly what basis you're calling it a bail out.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast