+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Theresa

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Anti Macron riots?

Can you name a French president whose tenure hasn't seen violent street protests when they have tried to reform employment law? Or even when they haven't for that matter. I can't.

Can you remember when you thought Le Pen was going to win because of a right wing populist revolution sweeping everything before it in Europe? That was quite funny.

I back up the 'lefties' when I think they're right, I back up right wing opinions when I think they're right (Macron is neither really).

It's called making one's own mind up.
    So why did you shoot Tony down when he said there would be rioting on the streets?........what you really meant was "yes probably, the French love their Molotov Cocktails"

Then I wouldn't have to waste my time correcting your inaccuracies......plus Chubby's......I'd much rather be outside trying to grow some veggies in readiness for "the end of the World" when my Pension Cheques from Blighty dry up.

ps Macron was the "left" of the Macron v Le Pen battle.......and Le Pen vastly increased her share of power and seats in their Government.

Macron was backed by Big Business, Globalists, the EU and the Banks......wow, well done France....talk about shooting yourself in the foot....time will tell huh.....Cannot wait
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 11-10-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    kicking the forriners out innit.
    Can you help me out here BFP? Who exactly asked for any forriner to be thrown out? (oddball one-in-a-million EDL/BNP numbskulls notwithstanding)

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So why did you shoot Tony down when he said there would be rioting on the streets?........what you really meant was "yes probably, the French love their Molotov Cocktails"

Then I wouldn't have to waste my time correcting your inaccuracies......plus Chubby's......I'd much rather be outside trying to grow some veggies in readiness for "the end of the World" when my Pension Cheques from Blighty dry up.
    I don't have a forensic knowledge of old ncm posts so can't remember what he said and what I said, but as far as I remember there were some left wing or anarchist groups on the streets the day after Macron got elected, around a thousand in number. That is rioting and it is in the streets but not sure what it proves. It was hardly the poll tax riots.

Compared to how many people protested (and rioted) against Trump's election it barely registers.

About correcting me when I'm inaccurate I suppose that's the mind games again. Quiet day on the ranch is it? Goats not putting out today?

Anti Macron riots?

Can you name a French president whose tenure hasn't seen violent street protests when they have tried to reform employment law? Or even when they haven't for that matter. I can't.

Can you remember when you thought Le Pen was going to win because of a right wing populist revolution sweeping everything before it in Europe? That was quite funny.
    Driller, you are aware that Le Pen gained seats?

Electoral successes (2012-2017)

In the municipal elections held on 23 and 30 March 2014, lists officially supported by National Front won mayoralties in 12 cities: Beaucaire, Cogolin, Fréjus, Hayange, Hénin-Beaumont, Le Luc, Le Pontet, Mantes-la-Ville, Marseille 7th sector, Villers-Cotterêts, Béziers and Camaret-sur-Aigues. Following the municipal elections, the National Front has, in cities of over 1,000 inhabitants, 1,546 and 459 councilors at two different levels of local government.[164] The international media described the results as "historic",[165][166][167] and "impressive", although the International Business Times suggested that "hopes for real political power remain a fantasy" for the National Front.[168]
    Demonstration against National Front in Paris after the results of the 2014 election.

The National Front received 4,712,461 votes in the 2014 European Parliament election, finishing first with 24.86% of the vote and 24 of France's 74 seats.[169] "It was the first time the anti-immigrant, anti-EU party had won a nationwide election in its four-decade history."[170] The party's success came as a shock in France and the EU.[171][172]
    Presidential and parliamentary climax (2017-present)

On 24 April 2017, a day after the first round of the presidential election, Marine Le Pen announced that she would temporarily step down as the party's leader in an attempt to unite voters.[30] In the second round of voting, Le Pen was defeated 66.1% to 33.9% by her rival Emmanuel Macron of En Marche ![173]

During the following parliamentary elections, the FN got 13.02% of the vote, which represented a contre-performance compared to the 13.07% of the 2012 elections. The party has seemed to have suffered of the demobilization of its popular voters. However, 8 deputies were elected (6 FN and 2 affiliated), the best number for the FN in a majority parliamentary election since its creation (proportionnal mode was used in the 1986 elections). Marine Le Pen was elected for the first time at the National Assembly and Gilbert Collard has been re-elected. Ludovic Pajot became the youngest member of the current French parliament at 23.

....plus AFD in Germany?......In the 2017 German federal elections the AfD won 12.6% of the vote and received 94 seats; this was the first time it had won seats in the Bundestag

Driller, you are aware that Le Pen gained seats?

Electoral successes (2012-2017)

In the municipal elections held on 23 and 30 March 2014, lists officially supported by National Front won mayoralties in 12 cities: Beaucaire, Cogolin, Fréjus, Hayange, Hénin-Beaumont, Le Luc, Le Pontet, Mantes-la-Ville, Marseille 7th sector, Villers-Cotterêts, Béziers and Camaret-sur-Aigues. Following the municipal elections, the National Front has, in cities of over 1,000 inhabitants, 1,546 and 459 councilors at two different levels of local government.[164] The international media described the results as "historic",[165][166][167] and "impressive", although the International Business Times suggested that "hopes for real political power remain a fantasy" for the National Front.[168]
    Demonstration against National Front in Paris after the results of the 2014 election.

The National Front received 4,712,461 votes in the 2014 European Parliament election, finishing first with 24.86% of the vote and 24 of France's 74 seats.[169] "It was the first time the anti-immigrant, anti-EU party had won a nationwide election in its four-decade history."[170] The party's success came as a shock in France and the EU.[171][172]
    Presidential and parliamentary climax (2017-present)

On 24 April 2017, a day after the first round of the presidential election, Marine Le Pen announced that she would temporarily step down as the party's leader in an attempt to unite voters.[30] In the second round of voting, Le Pen was defeated 66.1% to 33.9% by her rival Emmanuel Macron of En Marche ![173]

During the following parliamentary elections, the FN got 13.02% of the vote, which represented a contre-performance compared to the 13.07% of the 2012 elections. The party has seemed to have suffered of the demobilization of its popular voters. However, 8 deputies were elected (6 FN and 2 affiliated), the best number for the FN in a majority parliamentary election since its creation (proportionnal mode was used in the 1986 elections). Marine Le Pen was elected for the first time at the National Assembly and Gilbert Collard has been re-elected. Ludovic Pajot became the youngest member of the current French parliament at 23.

....plus AFD in Germany?......In the 2017 German federal elections the AfD won 12.6% of the vote and received 94 seats; this was the first time it had won seats in the Bundestag
    Of course I'm aware. I actually think it's a good thing too, but it's not what was predicted on here is it?

About correcting me when I'm inaccurate I suppose that's the mind games again. Quiet day on the ranch is it? Goats not putting out today?
    Have you been taking lessons off Sidders?...he likes to do that, realises that I'm not backing down (plus trying to keep level-headed and factual, not always successfully I agree)........ so he resorts to jibes/digs/semi-insults.

No problem....I'll disappear to check on my flock, 16 of them now.....and more babies due over Xmas by the sounds of activity in TarkersVille

Of course I'm aware. I actually think it's a good thing too, but it's not what was predicted on here is it?
    No idea....I only have selective forensic memory of old NCM posts.....various people were predicting a backlash against the EU......the backlash happened, and is continuing....even Poland and Hungary are joining in "no more immigrants"

Even if the numbers are short of predictions, I still remember the numbers that Saint Farage used to get in the early days.....look where that led?....I guess time will tell, just like it did for UKIP and Brexit.......you guys can only keep sticking your fingers in the dyke for so long....eventually it collapses!!

Have you been taking lessons off Sidders?...he likes to do that, realises that I'm not backing down (plus trying to keep level-headed and factual, not always successfully I agree)........ so he resorts to jibes/digs/semi-insults.

No problem....I'll disappear to check on my flock, 16 of them now.....and more babies due over Xmas by the sounds of activity in TarkersVille
    I thought you saying you have to keep correcting my inaccuracies was a dig, as I don't remember you doing it very often.

No idea....I only have selective forensic memory of old NCM posts.....various people were predicting a backlash against the EU......the backlash happened, and is continuing....even Poland and Hungary are joining in "no more immigrants"

Even if the numbers are short of predictions, I still remember the numbers that Saint Farage used to get in the early days.....look where that led?....I guess time will tell, just like it did for UKIP and Brexit.......you guys can only keep sticking your fingers in the dyke for so long....eventually it collapses!!
    Poland and Hungary have always been 'no more immigrants' and the predictions on here were of Holland, France, Austria, Italy and Germany to be swept away by a right wing populist wave of revolution on the back of Trump and Brexit, bringing down the EU.

Those predictions were embarrassingly inaccurate. All that happened was that the vast majority of people took one look at Trump and Brexit and said 'no thanks '.

As I said before I'm glad that these results have happened in the small measure they did. It means it's no longer taboo to talk about immigration and the well intentioned but fundamentally flawed immigration policy of the last few years can't continue. That's how democracy works: you don't necessarily have to win elections to make a difference.

Make no mistake though, your revolution is over already. Trump and brexit was the high water mark.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Can you help me out here BFP? Who exactly asked for any forriner to be thrown out? (oddball one-in-a-million EDL/BNP numbskulls notwithstanding)
    Do I take it from your question that you don’t think a desire to kick out/keep out foreigners played a big part in the vote last year?

I’ll return a question, what do you think of May’s refusal to guarantee the future of EU citizens already living here?

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast